Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
shan1997
My Device: curve 8520

my blackberry has broke

dear sir/madam

take your time to read this as im currently on my 4th blackberry and my mom is on her second they have both broke in the same way today and i wondered what u could do with them,

mine has broke on the mother board i think and my keys wont work eg my trackpad and my bottons on that part 

my moms did this and she had to take hers apart and now her's slitely works but her del button wont work and her A button is very sensitive 

thanks 

shannon

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: my blackberry has broke

shan 1997 wrote : 

mine has broke on the mother board i think and my keys wont work eg my trackpad and my bottons on that part 

my moms did this and she had to take hers apart and now her's slitely works but her del button wont work and her A button is very sensitive 

Hello shan 1997

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

How said your device motherboard broke ? Is your device working or just your keypad is not working. What is your device OS version also have you tried Updating or reloading your device software to see if it isn't an software issue.

And also such problem appear if your device got wet or because of moisture intrusion and sometime a faulty keypad is also responsible for that and replacing the keypads solves such issue. 

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
shan1997

my track pad wont work either so i've justt left my phone off now i cant be bothered with it this is my 4th blackberry thats has broke so i wont be buying another one now 

Elite II
prince2012

Hi shan 1997

As I asked have you tried Reloading or updating your device software,If not please try it it may help.Have a look  :

KB11320 : How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows

So please try .

Prince

New Contributor
shan1997

i will do but i dont want to clear do that as i'll clear my contacts and i dont want to do that :/

Super Contributor
f0xx386
My Device: Curve 9360

Do a backup of your phone first then reinstall your Os this way you won't lose your contacts, after reinstall is completed you can restore your contacts.
Elite II
prince2012

shan 1997 wrote : 

i will do but i dont want to clear do that as i'll clear my contacts and i dont want to do that :/

Hello shan 1997

When we perform a reload of our device BlackBerry Desktop Software will offer us to do backup.But still to be on safe side we should do a manual backup before doing any Update process.Have a look on how to do a backup using BlackBerry Desktop Software KB12487  After doing the backup you can perform a clean reload of your device software.Once Reload process complete restore your data from the backup KB10339 .

So please try and let us know the result.

Prince

New Contributor
shan1997

i've dun this and my track pad and buttons around my trackpad wont work

Elite II
prince2012

Hello shan1997

Thanks for trying that ! If a Clean Reload of device Software is unable to fix that problem for you then the next option is the repair option.If you have any Mobile repair center nearby I prefer visiting them as I mentioned earlier a faulty keypad be the reason and  see what they can offer.

Good Luck

Prince