Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Confusingconfused
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320
My Carrier: EE

my display name won't change on bbm help

Hi , I recently like any normal person would checked my bbm as I was with friends I changed my name , I then found out that my name will not change it has not changed for a week and its really depressing I have taken the battery out and placed it inside again ! I've found no help online please someone help I'm not a very techy person so don't make me confused :L
Thanks for your time

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: my display name won't change on bbm help

Hello Confusingconfused

Sometime it may take a few hrs to update such things because it updates over the server , but in your case as its taking too much , can you try a few things like adding a simley or any character in your BBM name and then save it , restart your device again by removing the battery . After that please check and confirm if that solves your issue .

If problem persists then you can also try those simple steps , but do it in the same sequence :

1- Register your Handheld .

• KB00510 : How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Wait till a Registration messages comes in your message box.

2- Resend your Service Book

• KB02830 : Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • ( Wait till a Registration Message comes in your message box for each email that you have configured on your device )

3-  Then perform a battery pull restart like this while the device is powered On remove your battery wait for a min. then reinsert it back

Try it and let us know if problem remains.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.