Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
djrazer
My Device: curve 8520

my password wont work help

i have got a password on my phone and today when i was going to text someone it keep saying i have done the wrong password first it say enter blackberry to continue i do that then it say type your password i do that and u can c my letters as i do that then it comes up wrong password,  no one else as use my phone,  i have had my phone and password a year, please can someone help.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: my password wont work help

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

You are in a very delicate situation right now...you only get so many attempts before your BB wipes itself totally clean (thinking that it's been stolen). Hopefully you've been using a good backup routine:

Depending on how many tries you have left, you may need to choose wisely exactly what you will attempt. Each failed attempt will be one more toward wiping your device, so be very very careful. What I'm going to provide you are a list of different things to try -- they are not in any order whatsoever...you need to choose wisely from the list exactly which you will attempt, and in exactly what order.

It is possible that you've got a mixture of different characters in your device password, and perhaps have not noticed how you must enter those on the BB keyboard. For instance, if your password is

• ab123

but what you type is

• a > b > ALT > 1 > 2 > 3

the actual result will be

• ab1er

You must enter

• a > b > ALT > 1 > ALT > 2 > ALT > 3

in order to wind up with ab123. So, in this example, while on the BB keyboard you think you are typing ab123, you are actually typing ab1er.

Your keyboard may somehow be out of sync...and a reboot might clear it up and allow you to successfully enter your password:

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

If you have ever before connected your BB to your computer and know how to enter the password via the computer keyboard, then do so now...the password "counter" is the same regardless of which you enter it in via, so being successful via the computer will return the counter to the maximum and give you more time to figure this out.

If, however, you have never before done this via your computer, then trying it now may be useless and may well just use up one more failed attempt.

Those are really all the options I can think of for you. So choose wisely.

Best!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
djrazer

Thank u for your help i have one more left to go before my phone is blocked, the funny thing is its always been my password and now it wont work,

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

If, as I said above, the keyboard is somehow wonky, then it could be sending characters other than what you intend. But, with only one chance left, you will have to be very lucky indeed to choose the correct method from above to attempt.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
djrazer

lol how do i put my password in vie my computer ? and if i do that last one what will happen ?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

As I said, if you've never done that before, it is unlikely to succeed. If you've done it before, you already would know how...

But, if you have decided that is your wisest thing to try, then you would first make sure you have the Desktop Software installed to your PC, then run that software, then connect your BB when it prompts, then enter your BB password into the PC keyboard when it prompts.

When you fail the last time, your BB will wipe completely clean...it will be as if it was fresh and new, with nothing at all on it. All of your data, pictures, calendar, contacts, apps, etc. will all be gone. Just like the day it was brand new.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
djrazer

thanks u so much for your help u have a good night