Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
joeswarbrick
My Device: blackberry curve 9360

my phone wont turn on

my phone wont turn on after the great deal of pressure applied for a very short time.  after my friend pulled me of my chair i had my phone in my pocket applying all of my body weight on top of it, however i dont think it was too much preesure where the phone would just instantly break. after sitting back up and not realising i felt a surging heat from my pocket where my phone was! i pulled it out and noticed that there was a bright white light on the middle button. i sooned turned it off and checked my battery. everything looked fine, but when i placed it back in it would turn on? so i dont know what is. do i need a new battery or is abliterated and am in need of getting a new phone!?!

please help ! XD

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2072), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: my phone wont turn on

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Given what you describe, it's possible that you've damaged it...but only a qualified technician with the device in their hands can actually give you a firm diagnosis.

If you want, there are a couple of things you can try...

Please try this sequence...note that, throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain connected to a known-good wall charger (not PC USB):

1. With the battery inside, connect your BB to the wall charger
  2. Leave it alone for 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does
  3. Remove the battery
  4. Wait 15 minutes
  5. Insert the battery
  6. Wait another 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does

This has been known to "kick start" some BBs.

It is also possible that your battery or BB has experienced a problem...to test, this sequence is needed:

1. Obtain a known good and already fully charged additional battery...use it in your BB and see what happens
  2. Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your battery in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
joeswarbrick

thanks a lot ill let you know what happens!

New Contributor
joeswarbrick

NOPE didnt work sadly, however i could get a friend to lnd me a battery and try that. in the mean time ill stick to my old phone until i get a firm diagnostic. 

THANKS FOR THE HELP XD

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

I'm confused..."didn't work" as well as "get a friend to lnd" (sic)...does that mean you only did the first half of what I proposed above?

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
joeswarbrick

ohh sorry typo. I ment that i have tried what you have said and unfortunatly the phone will still not turn on. 

what i could do to see if it is the battery that is not working is find a friend with the same phone and test their battery in mine.

thanks again.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Ummm...OK...so I think you have confirmed that, so far, you have only completed the first half of what I earlier proposed...in which case, yes, doing the second half would be your next step. If it turns out that your battery is bad, then you need a new one. If it turns out that your BB is bad, then your challenges are a bit greater. But, let's await the proper completion of the tests.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates