Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
sanjayghanchi
My Device: blackberry curve 9220
My Carrier: vodafone

need help regarding blackberry symbols

[ Edited ]

i have blackberry curve 9220 few days back my cell got spoiled and reload software error came so after reloading and installing back os 7.1 on my curve 9220 few symbols such as crown ans music symbols ( the one available on apps such as jingu or fancy characters ) became black box i tried a lot but they seems to be jst blackbox now .... bbm users having such symbols inserted in their name became black boxs and now i need help what should i do so bring such symbols again ?????? 

example : see this link 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mqhpk08fjfclb4m/s13_05_21__17_32_38.jpg

so as you can see in the image that in the bbm this people had crown in their names and its appearing just a black box 

please help !

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
runyamhere
My Device: 8520 * Z10 * Q10 * Z30
My Carrier: 8.ta

Re: need help regarding blackberry symbols

Hi There,

I believe these icons are not compatible with BB OS 7.1 on your device which happens with most such symbols that are from other instant messaging applications. Were they visible before on the OS 7.1? I am also thinking the change could have come from your BBM if you updated it to newer version.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sanjayghanchi
My Device: blackberry curve 9220
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: need help regarding blackberry symbols

yes they were visible before . and they disappeared without updating my os or bbm version . as i said that i got reload software error n i had to install my os back so after this they disappeared 

Please use plain text.