Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Passport/ Curve 9320
Accepted Solution

new 9320's poor battery

Can somebody help me with my BlackBerry smartphone!<br><br>4 days ago I went to a store and joined BlackBerry's promo called 'Swap and Switch'. I basically swapped my old BlackBerry to a new curve 9320/7.1.0.398 (B1319), I live in the Philippines and my carrier is Globe telecom. And for some reason my battery is not performing to my expectation, I need to charge it 2-3 times a day although I'm not a heavy user. I receive 3 emails a day, no calls, I BBM, I receive some sms but I don't reply, I have facebook but no twitter, I play music once in a while, and surfs the internet. but it drains too quickly for me. Is this curve's battery that weak?<br><br>I got all my settings tweaked, set the brightness down to 10%, backlight time 10seconds, battery saver mode is ON, deleted all my third-party apps, deleted Social Feeds too, my network is on 2g, removed updates on my BBM, turned off GPS, goes to bedside mode before I sleep and I always make sure no other apps running in the background, to name a few! Believe me I did every battery saving tricks I could, but nothing seems to work.<br><br>I regularly check my CPU usage but no app seems to work in the background, even researched on how to properly charge a Li-ion battery, But still my battery drain rate is at 11-12%/hr. What should I do?
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Click if you want to Thank someone. If Problem is resolved, so that others can make use of it.
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: new 9320's poor battery

Hello mondi21

Generally this occurs when applications runs in the background , or because of any unknown Third party application installed within our device or because of low memory .Sometime A battery pull restart is always recomended for such  issue.

If we press and hold the Menu for a few seconds, it will pop up a screen which will show all running programs in the background ,generally five will always there ( Home, BBM, Message,Phone , Browser ) look if any other apps. are running.

We should always try to Close Applications Correctly - Avoid using the End key to close applications as this simply minimizes the application and leaves it running in the background. Instead, press the Menu key, select the Close or Exit option to exit the application.Don't leave your Browser open when not in use.If programs run in the background it will also lead to overheating and also quick battery drainage.Please have look at this Article I am sure it will help you a lot in overcoming your problems :

KB14320 :How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone.

mondi21 wrote:
 I basically swapped my old BlackBerry to a new curve 9320/7.1.0.398 (B1319),

Also if possible update your BlackBerry OS to the most recent version available .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Forums Veteran I

Thanks for the quick response. As I mentioned above I make sure no uneccesary app is working in the background, only keep what is needed i.e browser,BBM,message, call log, home.
I know those shortcuts and stuff, hold menu or press alt+esc.

I will definitely try updating my OS and hope this would solve the issue, any idea if v7.1.0.1011 is working fine? Thanks a lot! Wish me luck.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Click if you want to Thank someone. If Problem is resolved, so that others can make use of it.
Elite II

You can go through this Official Software download site BlackBerry Software Download Site and try the most recent available from your own carrier or any other .

Or try 7.1.0.907 from proximus for your 9320 .

I hope it will help .

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Forums Veteran I

Thanks prince. I will try updating my os and will let you know if it fixes the issue
Elite II

Hi there,

You're welcome ... I hope update will help , also as you're a previous BlackBerry user I would suggest try to follow those battery saving tips which indeed may help.

Good luck.

Forums Veteran I

I have update my OS version, I'll give it a week and see if it improves my battery.