Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
georgina_marcolli
My Device: 8200 BB Pearl Flip
My Carrier: Movistar

Re: new bb reload software 507

i have the same problem but with a bb 9700 the device is not recognized on my computer so, i can not reload the software!!!! HELP

°°°▫▫▫ Ĝëø®ĝϊ ▫▫▫°°°
Please use plain text.
rayman17
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: vodafone

Can anyone help? last night i accidently dropped my 9300 Curve down the loo and now after a night to dry out i am getting error message 507 and am being instructed to go to the blackberry site and download the software to reboot, have downloaded all the necassary software but it wont recognise that my phone is connected to the computer, anyone got an suggestions other than just buying a new phone??? thanks.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

[ Edited ]

rayman17 wrote:

Can anyone help? last night i accidently dropped my 9300 Curve down the loo and now after a night to dry out i am getting error message 507 and am being instructed to go to the blackberry site and download the software to reboot, have downloaded all the necassary software but it wont recognise that my phone is connected to the computer, anyone got an suggestions other than just buying a new phone??? thanks.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

To start, with moisture intrusion into a BB, the only thing that is predictable is that the results will be unpredictable. I've seen situations like yours where everything was fine. I've seen other situations that the BB never worked again. I've seen everything in between as well (e.g., it works for a while, then dies).

But, to start -- run, don't walk, to this FAQ:

Do exactly as it says and for the maximum times it recommends. Given that you've already powered up your BB ahead of the recommended timeframe, you've already reduced the likelihood of success...but, again -- one never knows.

After that, you'll need to reload your OS...a 507 indicates that there is no OS on the BB. You may have better luck with using the BBSAK utility to attempt the reload. But, again, we're several days away from making that attempt.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
rayman17
My Device: Curve 9300

Many thanks for your reply - very informative - am aware of my mistake with trying to start the phone up before properly dry  as my teenage son told me after I'd try to reload for the first time!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cookiemonster9499
My Device: blackberry curve 8900

when i restore apps it says it will reboot which it does then "reload software 507" appears on the screen again what do i do??

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

cookiemonster9499 wrote:

when i restore apps it says it will reboot which it does then "reload software 507" appears on the screen again what do i do??

Hello,

Well, since this entire thread is all about the 507 error, perhaps if you scroll up, read, and try what is already discussed.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
vozkini
My Device: blackberry bold 9780
My Carrier: glo mobile

Dear Jsanders,
Please I have blackberry link and blackberry desktop software in my laptops. Could it be responsible for the inability to. Start up the download?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
vozkini

I mean the starting up of the software upgrade
Please use plain text.
Contributor
vozkini

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,845
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

Vozkini, you're jumping from thread to thread.
Read my posts in this thread or in your other thread.
Communication is best in one thread please.
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Curve/reloading-software/m-p/2804925

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.