Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

rom
New Contributor
rom
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

new bb reload software 507

Hi, i've just bought new bb 8900 and after updating software all i get is on the device (reload software 507) can anyone tell me how to reset the device or reload software???  thanks....
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,894
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: new bb reload software 507

Error 507 simply means the OS is not present on the device.

Connect your 8900 back to the USB cable and run Desktop Manager > App Loader again. It should recoognize the device, connnect and process the installation.

If you need specific instructions, read here:

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_upgrade_the_OS_on_my_BlackBerry%3F

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
rom
New Contributor
rom

thanks for advice, followed the link and performed the reboot a few times but had no luck, just kept saying a fatal error has occurred. kept trying different things. It finally worked after i changed usb port and unchecked the back up device box before reboot. Something made it work.  Thanks Again..............
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,894
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Perfect... persistance is a wonderfully admirable trait in BlackBerry OS upgrading and reloading.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Dagamemnon

[ Edited ]
It's not getting past 'Loading boot rom'  program ends and says try again.  Anyway to force it to load?
Message Edited by Dagamemnon on 07-02-2009 04:23 PM
Please use plain text.
kathleentoronto

Hello,

I tried to run an update in order to re install BBM through desktop manager but near the end of the update I was interrupted by a phone call and since then my phone has remained off with a black screen and red blinking light. Today I plugged it into my PC and the RELOAD SOFTWARE 507 error message appeared, however my computer does not detect my pin anymore even after trying the COMMAND PROMPT. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

kathleentoronto wrote:

Hello,

I tried to run an update in order to re install BBM through desktop manager but near the end of the update I was interrupted by a phone call and since then my phone has remained off with a black screen and red blinking light. Today I plugged it into my PC and the RELOAD SOFTWARE 507 error message appeared, however my computer does not detect my pin anymore even after trying the COMMAND PROMPT. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Here is a KB with hopefull some helpful information for you:

KB02792 A 507 error message appears on the BlackBerry smartphone while upgrading BlackBerry Device Software

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mkinkonthebrinkc
My Device: BB bold 9700

truly helpful! thank u so much!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Charmaine1
My Device: Blackberry 8900 curve
My Carrier: Vodacom

I have followed all the mentioned steps, but it just keep saying Reload software 507. Nothing helps and the DM does not even read my phone! Please help????

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Charmaine1
My Device: Blackberry 8900 curve
My Carrier: Vodacom

It reads the phone now and running the update but is it supposed to take this long? Goes to 57 of 327, and has been there for over an hour now? PLEASE, CAN SOMEONE HELP?

Please use plain text.