Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Bell

Re: new curve 9360 battery

Good luck! Nothing I have done for my curve has helped.. I love/hate it at the same time. My battery is always dieing, and if I use it for a while it gets hot to the touch. Also I have been having issues with the phone, keeps turning on and off and freezing, I have replaced it twice and still no luck. 

New Contributor
My Carrier: Orange

Oh I am the exact same! I am actually just about to leave my apartment to go to the phone shop and get my 3rd 9360. I had decided yesterday to get the older curve instead but then I really don't want to go backwards as this is a much better phone (if only the battery would last from morning till night,that would even be enough for me!!!)so I decided to give it one more go! Have a feeling I'll be let down though...
Visitor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Same thing has been happening to me to. I turned mobile connection, bluetooth, Location Settings and put brightness at 10. But the battery life drained insanely for no reason.

P.S : A bit off topic but for some reason NFC isnt showing on Manage connections. Software is also up to date, Just wondering if NFC is for certain phone providers or if its for all.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Bell

Good luck! My provider doesn't have anymore atm and wont get any till tuesday.. and they expect me to go without a phone!
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9780
My Carrier: T-mobile UK

hi just to let you all know my experience, i bought this phone batt life was a joke i got two replacements and still the same i charged it up and got 4-5 hours each time, i think the phone is a flop, i ended up giving up and getting a 9780 instead and the batt is great, shame really as i liked the phone, but never mind
Visitor
My Carrier: Vodafone

I have just rolled out the Curve 9360 across my company (thats 180 devices) and I am hearing reports of extremely poor battery life. Naturally I have logged this with our provider, who are in turn logging this issue with RIM.

The symptoms are basically the same as everyone here:

• Battery lasts less than 24 hours after a full (overnight) charge, while in standby only (i.e. not being used)
  • Approx 3-6 hours battery life when in moderate use
  • When in use, battery becomes un-usually hot

Personally, I have the same device as everyone else in my business and I am not seeing any of these issues. However, I have seen in person the devices suffering these issues and can confirm it does exist. I can also confirm that battery 'draining' functions such as Wi-Fi, GPS, location services etc. have absolutely no bearing on the problem - i.e. they are all turned off and the problem still exists.

I am expecting these devices to be replaced, but considering that I would estimate that 30% of our devices have this problem, I am going to be replacing a LOT of phones. This is a MAJOR ballache as we've only just done the new phone rollout!

RIM need to accept that they have a QC issue here and address/recall these devices ASAP, as this is seriously affecing our business. This number of people cannot be wrong.

My Device: 9360
My Carrier: telus

Got my phone 2 days ago, update from older curve.  battery charge last less than a day.  Reception is worse than old phone.  Frustrated.

My Carrier: Airtel

Got new BB Curve 9360 recently..

Despite very low uses, battery just dry up in less than 12-14 hours..

looks like one need to carry an Automobile battery with him to use this useless phone.. 

Also keypad suck.. in this era of touch screen.. such a hard keys.. :smileymad:

New Contributor
My Device: BB Curve 9360
My Carrier: Orange

Just another addition to existing crowd of battery life sufferers. I have recently moved to it as an upgrade from my existing Android contract. its gud at what it should be as in the keypad and e-mail capabilities. However, it SUCKS big time on battery life. Charging it twice a day and still always low on battery. This is no where near the BB standards people know of. BB should be providing its customers with bigger better battery replacements ASAP or else may loose more customers. All it may take is one good Android phone with qwerty keypad and may just swipe away more BB customers. (HTC Cha Cha was kind of an attempt only).

Cheers......Kunal

saravanane wrote:

I bought curve 9360 recently. I am also facing the same battery problem and often the phones becomes heat :smileysad: This phone is awesome in all other factors but except the battery life. My usage is 10 to 15 emails a day, 1 hour of social apps and 1 to 1.30 hours of voice calls. I charge my mobile morning daily but before 7pm my battery shows red indicator. I dont know this problem is due to less capacity (1000 mAh) battery or due to blackberry OS7. If it is due to less capacity battery then RIM should replace the higher capacity batteries to the consumers of this phone or if this problem is due to OS7 then some software update fix should be given by RIM. I am not able to use all the features in this mobile because of the worst battery life. If no solution from RIM then I should go back to my old BOLD :-(

I am highly disappointed with the battery of this fone

My Device: curve 9360
My Carrier: airtel

same issue