Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
onderbroek
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: new curve 9360 battery

i switched to 2G only, and now i have a slight increase in battery life. but sill nothin compared to my 2 year old 8900

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
handsomepayu
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Voda

after installing the os , go to c:smileytongue:rogram files:common files: RIM : then delete "vendor.xml" file.

then , the desktop manager can detect the update when u start it

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nicoliroscher
My Device: Not Specified

I have the same problem! I got my 9360 about 4 days ago. I was told to charge it for 4 hours, and then I can switch it on. I previously had the Curve 8520, and it's battery would last up to 3 days when I constantly used social apps and bbm. Now, I charge my phone from 6 at night, until 6 in the morning, but the battery dies after about 5-7 hours, without me using any apps whatsoever!!! I also feel the back of the phone heating up when I use it for more than 5 minutes at a time. I have done everything, from closing all apps to dimming the backlight, and it's not working.

Can one perhaps buy another (better) battery which would last longer? Or is RIM planning on fixing this problem? Even the phone's specs on the internet indicates a much better battery life!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
nicoliroscher

Oh, and I really can't see why I should turn off 3G, if I bought this phone for faster internet in the first place! :-(
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
onderbroek

i agree, 

the 3g was one of the reasons i chose this phone,  i'm hoping that a OS upgrade will do the thing, couse i doubt Saouth africa will be getting 3rd party batteries, and i can just imagine what they will cost

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nicoliroscher

Absolutely! Do you upgrade the OS using App World? And will changing it have any effect on the warranty?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bailarmoster
My Device: curve 9360
My Carrier: maxis

I have upgraded to 7.0.0.530, there is no significant change in batery life.. Maybe a bit longer n the heating problem is solve a bit.. But sometimes the heating problem ocur when use many app
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
onderbroek

i havent done a upgrae of the OS on the curve yet, on my bold i did the update on my laptop with the desktop software.

im not sure if it will affect the warranty

Please use plain text.
kyletaclas
My Carrier: Globe

Got my Curve 9360 a week ago. and **bleep** the battery. just 6 hours of using it and its dead -___-

Please use plain text.
kyletaclas
My Carrier: Globe

Can i return my curve 9360 from the shop i bought it? I can't stand the battery problem anymore. hope they will take it back -__-

Please use plain text.