Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
VladimirPopa
My Device: Blackberry 9360

Re: new curve 9360 battery

hey can i upgrade my phone with a software provided by another carier?

tx

New Contributor
joverparas
My Device: blackberry curve Apollo 9360

Hi to everyone,

I believe that this issue should be seen on Television or even be heard on radio stations in all of the country... By that way this will be alarm RIM and will be force to do necessary action. 

Neomai
My Device: Curve 9360

I am gutted my brand new Curve 9360 is heating up after 5 minutes until it seems like it can exploded any minute. While it's heating up it drains the battery from 100% to zero in 1 minute. It's not the battery it's the processor area and where the mini sd card is. But I am afraid to put my curve on my pillow (need it for the alarmclock)  because last time the pillow started to smell.... :smileyfrustrated: It's freaking dangerous! I also cannot have the Curve in the case because that heating up as well in my handbag...

Next to it, I am very dissapointed BB has released an OS7 system, knowing all developers will wait for the BBX OS.

We are f*cked. apps I had on my Bold with OS6 are just not available for the OS7 system and I doubt they will be in the future.

I have to put up with this drama for 1,5 year, because I then can renew my contract and get a free phone.

Also the 3G is pathetic... when I am in the metro it suddenly has no 3G service and goes to GPRS... booohooo.

I love the slim design, but I am afraid this is the cause of the heating trouble...

BB do something about it! It's actually dangerous to sell the Curve 9360 with this massive heating problem!

I don't want get burned in my sleep!

Or my handbag on fire.

And everyone who bought the Cruve 9360 should get full refund or the newest Blackberry Bold

New Contributor
jonette21
My Device: Curve 9369

Same issue! It's supposed to be a "social" phone...there is nothing social in it cause you can't use it!

New Contributor
roger_that

Same issue here. Mine lasts 3.5hrs on moderate use... it is such a pity because the phone is everything I want and need... yet, I cannot use it.

To the tech-savvy out there:

Is there anyway this can be fixed with an update of the OS? Is it worth waiting for the release??

I really don't want the bulky BBs and cannot afford the Bold or Torch series... (I need an unlocked phone).

arrrrrg fml. 

New Contributor
roger_that

I find this post in another thread... it could perhaps be of use to others:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Curve/Blackberry-curve-9360-battery-issues/m-p/146...

that being said, which OS bundle are you running??? 

I am currently on  OS 7.0.0.353 Bundle 1680.... I have an unlocked phone, and it is currently not registered with any carrier... eagerly waiting for the RIM update...

New Contributor
daniele75
My Device: 9360

I switched to 2G, I try to use less than I can whatsup google talk and internet, less phone calls...the battery gets better but still..and wtf, if there will be no solutions from Rim, this is the last BBerry that I buy.

New Contributor
shummy50
My Device: curve 9360
New Contributor
shummy50
My Device: curve 9360

New Contributor
minnieelwin

Same problem! battery life sucks and the battery heats up!