Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Bosox20
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

new owner. couple of questions please

hI, just got my phone last night and two things I cant figure out...

1.  can you delete multiple messages (text or email) at once??  I only see option for one at a time

2.  I have a yahoo email set up with its own icon, however mail comes in at the other messaging icon where my text messages are?  how can I get yahoo email tocome in at the correct place?  i don't like having email and sms messages in the same place.. thanks

JSanders
Solutions: 5,978
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: new owner. couple of questions please

1. Yes. To delete adjacent messages, scroll over the first, and press the SHIFT key while scrolling over the next or more adjacent messages. While ALL are highlighted, either press the DELETE key or Menu > Delete.

You can also scroll the top date bar divider (or any date bar, like yesterday's) and press Menu > Delete all prior.

2.  Your main messages folder will collect ALL mail by default, and you can't change that. You can separate out your SMS messages from that folder to its own specific folder at Messages > Options > General Options > SMS and Email Inboxes = Separate.

For you yahoo-specific email folder, hide it. Scroll to it, click Menu > Hide. Then Menu again and make sure the SHOW ALL is not checked.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code