Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

no email or browser since USA visit

Uk blackberry owner on the BT Business/Vodaphone network

help needed...i recently returned from the Usa where my bb8300 worked fine for a few days then developed problems connecting to AT&T (it picked up the AT&T network as soon as i landed). Browser kept hanging and failed to open any pages ( error-a problem occurred while trying to render the page)

Did a phone reset - nothing changed. 

Didn't worry too much as i was on holiday. and thought maybe it was the USA network.

When i returned to the Uk my phone went back to the Bt network and started recieving mail as normal.

Now 2 days later everything has stopped.

i have done a phone reset - removing the battery whilst on after reading other forum problems.

i am not able to send or recieve emails or browse the internet.

i have sent new service books from my web service site.....i havent recieved any notifications on my phone

my status says that i am connected to the wireless network (green indicator)

any ideas? 

Developer
My Device: 9000

Re: no email or browser since USA visit

[ Edited ]

tomcrown wrote:

Uk blackberry owner on the BT Business/Vodaphone network

help needed...i recently returned from the Usa where my bb8300 worked fine for a few days then developed problems connecting to AT&T (it picked up the AT&T network as soon as i landed). Browser kept hanging and failed to open any pages ( error-a problem occurred while trying to render the page)

Did a phone reset - nothing changed. 

Didn't worry too much as i was on holiday. and thought maybe it was the USA network.

When i returned to the Uk my phone went back to the Bt network and started recieving mail as normal.

Now 2 days later everything has stopped.

i have done a phone reset - removing the battery whilst on after reading other forum problems.

i am not able to send or recieve emails or browse the internet.

i have sent new service books from my web service site.....i havent recieved any notifications on my phone

my status says that i am connected to the wireless network (green indicator)

any ideas? 

Hi... If your signal is good and your showing on the network, I would check with your carrier and recheck your data plan. You have done everything you can do with pushing the service books again and hard resets. This should be all you would need to do. The only other item you could do at this point would be to redo your BIS account completely but I would check with the carrier first and confirm the data plan.

What service are you using for email?

How is your memory on the device?

Good luck and let us know how your doing...

H.

Message Edited by hmeister on 10-03-2008 01:47 PM

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If successful in helping you, please give me kudos in my post.
Please mark the post that solved it for you!
Thank you!
Best Regards

hmeister
New Contributor

thanks for the response.

i have no problem with the data plan as far as i'm aware.

i am a mac user and connected my bb8300 to sync my calendars etc and i'm wondering if that has caused the problems?

Unable to speak to my carrier until monday now!!!

Any other resets available ? 

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Let's go one  more!

Go to OPTIONS - ADVANCED OPTIONS - HOUST ROUTING TABLES click to enter menu key select Register now,

You will get a verification email. Pull the battery and see if your back in business,

Thanks,

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Just to let you know what HRT will do:

HRT is the Host Routing Tables.

It is entries sent from the Carrier.

when you highlight the above entry and hit register now, it registers it with the wireless network. Updates the device details onto the rim relay and sends down carrier specific icons or applicants.

The main reason u need to wipe a device after someone uses it or u switch carriers it to clear the hrt entries.

For example, its common for an 83xx user to go overseas, work fine, come home but then can't get data connection (EDGE, GPRS etc)

Thats because the HRT entries become corrupt or invalid as the o/s carrier may have sent down another 5 entries. So we take a report from each case, record the hrt entries and what countries they went to and then escalate the issue to RIM. the fix is to wipe the device and re-activate.

Hope that helps.

(Quoted  from  BumblePie)

Message Edited by Bifocals on 10-03-2008 03:11 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Thank you ... wiping the handheld worked a treat .... all now back up and running.