Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

suebaker11
My Device: Not Specified

no idea how to use my new curve 8310

Can anyone help with info? I purchased a 'brand new boxed' red blackberry curve online this week.  It's a lovely looking phone and did indeed come in a box with all the protective stuff on it as though brand new. However, in the box was no charger (I have just ordered one) but more importantly no user instructions or software cd.  I don't have a clue how to set this up - even the 'guide' on the blackberry site just says things like 'connect to your pc'.  HOW?????  How do I get my blackberry and the computer connected and set it up for email??  How can it be so difficult?    What a waste of money.  Please help.
Please use plain text.
Developer
javec

Re: no idea how to use my new curve 8310

Hello,

1) where did you buy the device?

2) do you have a carrier where you use the device with?

3) do you have a usb cable?

4) did you google for a usermanual on the 8310?

If your question was answered, please accept it as a sollution and / or give Kudos ;-)
jim_me_c

Okay.  Since you stated and used quotation marks around "Brand New Boxed", I'm guessing ebay or something like it.  Good luck.  Your phone should have come with

• the phone
  • wall charger
  • USB cable for pc connection
  • case/fake leather sleeve
  • installed 1GB micro SD card
  • battery
  • manual packaged w/CD

If you don't have one of these, I would request one from the person/company that you bought it from.  If you are missing more than one, I would return the phone becuase it likely is not new and you have been scammed.

• And you also need a cell phone service provider (ie. Sprint, AT&T, Verizon, etc.)

These carriers also sell the phones "brand new boxed" with all accessories, accountability and warranties.

Good Luck.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MoccasinLanding
My Device: Curve 8300 (EDGE) v4.5.0.182 (Platform 2.7.0.106)
My Carrier: ATT

While you will need a carrier you do not HAVE to buy their contract. You can go on a month by month basis, and not sign on for two years or whatever.  It will cost you more to do it with no contract, but I have gone that route

with my carrier for about 10 years now. 

Even if you walk into their store and have no account with them, I'm sure you could get accessories to fit your phone. I haven't tried this, but I think they would check out your phone to see if it was working right before they gave you service.  Without a contract, the carrier does charge more for any phone you buy from them.

I've always used ATT because I'm fairly old fashioned and to me they've always been "the phone company."

Don't have wide experience with multiple carriers.

Good luck with your phone. It is a good product, I love mine. Leave feedback on eBay about the seller if they gave you a shoddy deal.

Curve8300 ATT
v4.5.0.182 (Platform 2.7.0.106)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
amylou87

Oh dear, sounds like uv drawn the short straw! I hace the same phone and love it, however mine came with everything mentioned in one of the previous posts. My suggestion would be to either request the rest of ur phone, or return it and get ur money back. If it was bought from ebay then definately leave some feedback as they shouldn't be able to get away with doin that.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pin69

If you "DID" buy it on ebay go back to the listing and make sure that it doesnt say bought "as is" or anything like that. also it should so it is "new".
Please use plain text.