Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
scott68er
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

no "general options" available to adjust volume

Hi all. New BB Curve owner. I am trying to access the volume control. The CD that came with my unit says to hit the menu button and then select "general options". I hit the menu button and there is no "general options" choice.

Related item. When I put my unit onto speakerphone I cannot hear the other party. This is a new problem the last 2 weeks. I have had the phone for several months. Before I could hear the other party just fine when on speaker phone. Now I have to hold the phone to my ear. 

thanks for any help offered. 

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,845
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: no "general options" available to adjust volume

scott68er wrote:

Hi all. New BB Curve owner. I am trying to access the volume control. The CD that came with my unit says to hit the menu button and then select "general options". I hit the menu button and there is no "general options" choice.

Related item. When I put my unit onto speakerphone I cannot hear the other party. This is a new problem the last 2 weeks. I have had the phone for several months. Before I could hear the other party just fine when on speaker phone. Now I have to hold the phone to my ear. 

thanks for any help offered. 

1. Press your GREEN dial key (to get you into the Phone application/Call Log > General Options > Default Call Volume.

Done.

2. Is the external speaker working for any source of sound? Try your Media, play a song, etc., and test. If it is working, that is good news. If it is not working--not good news.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
scott68er
My Device: Not Specified

Re: no "general options" available to adjust volume

Thank you for the response. It turns out everything was ok. I did not realize there is a volume adjustment on the side of the phone! Sorry. At least now I know where to find the geneeral options.

I am very surprised when I used my Blackberry CD to look up "volume" I did not see any reference to the volume adjustment on the side. 

Please use plain text.