Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Not Specified

no sound when placing/recieving calls

i woke up thise morning to find that my blackberry curve is not working properly.  when i recieve or place calls, i get no sound on either the handset earpiece or the speakerphone speaker.  i still hear ringtones, alerts and all other sounds, but nothing when making/recieving calls.  anyone know whats up with this and how to fix this.
Super Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9530

Re: no sound when placing/recieving calls

jdormer33 wrote:
i woke up thise morning to find that my blackberry curve is not working properly.  when i recieve or place calls, i get no sound on either the handset earpiece or the speakerphone speaker.  i still hear ringtones, alerts and all other sounds, but nothing when making/recieving calls.  anyone know whats up with this and how to fix this.

Usually this happens when you receive a mms or picture message.  Do a soft reset by pulling the batt out while device is on, wait 30 sec and reinsert batt.  Wait time for reboot is 1 to 3 min.  this will fix it.  It's a software glitch.  Or you can press alt, right shift and delete.  This will reboot the device also.

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.
My Device: Not Specified

Re: no sound when placing/recieving calls