Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
truckwife
My Device: Not Specified

not receiving email

Two days ago my husband's phone stopped receiving e-mails. This includes his hotmail acct and the blackberry email acct. We have pulled the battery (multiple times), resent the service books, talked to customer service and done everything they run you through there, sent multiple test emails from multiple accts.and nothing works. Tech support is recommending a hard reset but I'd like to avoid that if I can since we haven't synchronized in many months and we can't get home to synchronize. Also he can't receive text messages. The phone can SEND messages and emails but cannot receive them. Any suggestions beyond what we have already done?
Contributor
janedominguez
My Device: Curve 8530

I am also NOT receiving MSN email & hoping for help!

I have a similar issue.  I got my BB Curve earlier in the week.  Set up 2 email accounts, a business one I have through "go-daddy" and my personal MSN account, and am only having trouble with the MSN account.

I have read all the posts related to the subject and followed the instructions.  In fact, I have done each "fix" multiple times. Note I have done all of the following from my blackberry.

• Reactivated msn account
  • Deleted msn account and then added it again
  • Sent books
  • Entered password countless times.
  • Took out battery and did all of the above.

Each time I do one of the fixes, the account will work for a few hours.  I always receive the email telling me I was successful in activating the account or "sending books", but then in an hour or two, it stops receiving, but most times will send an email.  The other email account retains the password, but each time I check the settings for the MSN account, the password box is blank, I reenter the password, save it, and the next time it is blank again.

I am perplexed, frustrated and have my fingers crossed that one of you who is as smart as my smartphone can help.

Thank you and smiles,

Jane

Forums Veteran I
drizzt09
My Device: 8320 / 9530

Re: I am also NOT receiving MSN email & hoping for help!

sicne you can send but not receive, here is what you need to do.

go to options- advanced options, host routing table... menu- register

then call your carrier(not from your BB)

then them to reprovision your account

when thats done

pull your battery

then reregister again

Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi jane and welcome to the forums!

Try the steps listed in this article for your MS Live account: 

Click Here : Hotmail/MSN Live email validation

"The integrated email address has become invalid.

Affected email addresses may include Windows Live Hotmail, MSN, and Bell Sympatico."

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor
janedominguez

Thank you to both "drixxt09" and "bifocals" for taking time to help me.  I have done all the steps, except call my carrier to have them reprovision my account for the umpteenth time, and as always it works for awhile and then stops.  "Send Books" seems to work longer than other options, so do that twice a day, since it is quick.

Next week when I have a little more time to try more things I will try the reprovision process.  ( I am preparing a business writing workshop for a great client, and it is taking most of my time.)

What about Izymail and pushing the msn/hotmail/windowslive email messages to a gmail account and adding that account to my blackberry.  I need to keep the MSN account as so many people have it, as well as all the personal business uses.

I appreciate this forum, and the assistance.

Smiles,

Jane

Forums Veteran I
drizzt09
My Device: 8320 / 9530

it has nothing to do with your emails

its the fact that your BB goes out of signal range for long period of times

this causes the servers to not see you come back online when you fineally do

automatically you can send emails because you have your servicebooks and you are back online

however  when someone sends you an email it goes to the server and the server decides... nope that device is offline and does not send it through

Contributor
janedominguez

I did not realize that my BB was going out of range - have been locked in the home office creating the 2 day workshop for next week, but maybe it does.

If sending the "service books" ever so often does the trick, I can do that, it's quick.

I received the email on my BB letting me know there was a new post, followed the link and read drizzt09's new post, then there was option to read more of the thread, and when I chose that, it said I needed to enable Java Script.  I did not enable it, I wanted to ask you first if I should (yes, my lack of knowledge is showing).

Wish there was a button for "major kudo's", I cannot begin to tell you how much I appreciate the time, interest, and knowldege that others are willing to share.  I hope I can find a way to "give-back".

More smiles,

Jane

Guru I
Bifocals

[ Edited ]

janedominguez wrote:

Thank you to both "drixxt09" and "bifocals" for taking time to help me.  I have done all the steps, except call my carrier to have them reprovision my account for the umpteenth time, and as always it works for awhile and then stops.  "Send Books" seems to work longer than other options, so do that twice a day, since it is quick.

Next week when I have a little more time to try more things I will try the reprovision process.  ( I am preparing a business writing workshop for a great client, and it is taking most of my time.)

What about Izymail and pushing the msn/hotmail/windowslive email messages to a gmail account and adding that account to my blackberry.  I need to keep the MSN account as so many people have it, as well as all the personal business uses.

I appreciate this forum, and the assistance.

Smiles,

Jane

Hi Jane,

Let us know when you can continue, I certainly understand work coming first.

For more reliable recipt of you emails untill we get this fixed Try the following:

Open the browser and go to the msLIve site, sign in and veiw your emails that

way.

I don't think you can forward the MSN Live email address, I don't see any option

for it on my account. (Bill Gates doesn't share.!)  :smileywink:

As far as the Javascript were you accessing the email from the browser the account

on the phone?

Thanks,

Bifocals

Message Edited by Bifocals on 06-21-2009 12:41 AM

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Contributor
janedominguez

My boss (me) keeps me very busy, but am hoping to schedule a Blackberry afternoon later next week.  My intent and goal is to use the capabilities of this smart phone well, and learn a lot along the way.  How fortunate I am to have such great help as I do - thank you!

Bifocals - good idea for accessing the hotmail thru browser.  I think my new forum friends have magic wands, as the msn - hotmail has been behaving well the last 24 hours.

Java Script - yes ,was accessing this site via browser, but have heard different things about Java Script, one being that enabling it could slow down my Blackberry browser (longer to load pages etc) - don't know if this is just a rumor.....

http://v3.izymail.com/why.aspx - This is the email forwarding service I mentioned, that will forward hotmail etc.  Thought it might be a good solution for those of us having difficulty with msn, hotmail, livemail etc.  I have never heard of it, and therefore am cautious about using it.  Do you know any thing about it?

Zippity-do-dah,

Jane

Guru I
Bifocals

janedominguez wrote:

My boss (me) keeps me very busy, but am hoping to schedule a Blackberry afternoon later next week.  My intent and goal is to use the capabilities of this smart phone well, and learn a lot along the way.  How fortunate I am to have such great help as I do - thank you!

I would say your welcome, but we have really helped you yet! :smileywink:

Bifocals - good idea for accessing the hotmail thru browser.  I think my new forum friends have magic wands, as the msn - hotmail has been behaving well the last 24 hours.

Never fails! We used to use the term "problem cleared while testing" . That was actually a formal way of saying,

"we have absolutely no clue as to why this happened or why it's working now." :smileywink:

Java Script - yes ,was accessing this site via browser, but have heard different things about Java Script, one being that enabling it could slow down my Blackberry browser (longer to load pages etc) - don't know if this is just a rumor.....

I tested this on my Storm, I cannot see where it makes a difference. I currently have it set to on.

http://v3.izymail.com/why.aspx - This is the email forwarding service I mentioned, that will forward hotmail etc.  Thought it might be a good solution for those of us having difficulty with msn, hotmail, livemail etc.  I have never heard of it, and therefore am cautious about using it.  Do you know any thing about it?

Never heard of it, but then again, I lead a sheltered life!  :smileywink:

If you can live with accessing  the account via browser I would stay with that.

I'm not big on adding additional options while trouble shooting an unknown issue.

Your call though!

Zippity-do-dah,

I got the do-dah, but I haven't been zippity in years.

:smileyvery-happy:

Jane

Thanks,

Bifocals