Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: 9220
My Carrier: 9220

nu

my Blackberry 9220 won't turn on and long red light just blinks... and the desktop software could not connect to device... i done doing the JL CMDER wipe thingy and the apploader too.,. but the device itself wont connect... what should i do? its been 4 days.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: nu

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please try this sequence...note that, throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain connected to a known-good wall charger (not PC USB):

1. With the battery inside, connect your BB to the wall charger
  2. Leave it alone for 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does
  3. Remove the battery
  4. Wait 15 minutes
  5. Insert the battery
  6. Wait another 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does

This has been known to "kick start" some BBs.

It is also possible that your battery or BB has experienced a problem...to test, this sequence is needed:

1. Obtain a known good and already fully charged additional battery...use it in your BB and see what happens
  2. Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your battery in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

it still didnt work, tsk2x... i think its not the battery , but the BB i think? the cause of this is that i was charging it at that time, i opened my f.b chat, youtube, and im using the viber.. so it hanged, i take the battery out, the next thing i knew it wont turn on anymore.. only long red LED lights blinking... does this mean its beyond repair?

Hall of Famer II

cesar6962 wrote:

it still didnt work, tsk2x... i think its not the battery , but the BB i think?

I don't know. Your words of "it still didn't work" could apply to the first method (4h15m), but I can't see how they apply to the 2nd (battery trade). Did you do that? I cannot tell, from your words, what you actually did of what I recommended and what you decided to skip over. And I've no idea what you mean by "tsk2x".

cesar6962 wrote:

does this mean its beyond repair?

I don't know. I need to know your results (details please) of the above 2 tests. If you didn't do the battery swap, then you need to.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

ive tried the second the optin... i borrowed the batterry of the same model, but still it didnt turn on.. and long red LED lights

Hall of Famer II

Well, if that battery was truly "known good and already fully charged", then that's half of that test. What about the other half?

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

it still didnt work ... it wont turn on... 

Hall of Famer II

So, the other BB, using your battery, did not turn on either? What about charging it? That would be a very strange result...please re-check what I recommended and re-post your exact results on both BBs from the battery swap test.

Thanks.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates