Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

pairing with bluetooth problems

Hello everyone

Im new to the balckberry expirence and i need help already lol.

The  problem is that when i sercg for a device in bluetooth it find it and when i try to conect it wont conect saying it cant find it. i have been trying to connect to my car stereo it finds it but wont conect it does noe even ask for the password.

I was just wondering if they was any solutions to this isue.

Hope somone out there can help.

Cheers Mark  

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: pairing with bluetooth problems

I know that sometimes Bluetooth devices can be kinda finicky when connecting to the BlackBerry.

Make sure Bluetooth is turned on first on the phone, then on the device. I usually find that detection and pairing is automatic when it is done in that order.

Hope this helps.

My Device: 8900 Curve
My Carrier: Airtel

I am not sure if devices turned on in a particular manner will help. All that I have realized after reading through tons of data on this site is that there is some inherent problem in the way blackberry bluetooth devices work and also some of the people are lucky enough to have solved this problem.

We have never tried to understand why this problem occurs. I am also a victim of the crazy bluetooth on my blackberry, which allows me to send files to other devices, but will not accept connections from other devices. I have tried all possible tricks that I am aware of and have also listed them here in case people would like to get themselves lucky:

a) turning off the encryption on the bluetooth options

b) turning off the firewall

c) restarting the devices - (reboot the device)

d) Trying to first pair and then initiate transfer

- In this case, it allows me to pair, but when I am transfering file from Nokia 6300 to Blackberry 8900, it says connection failed.

e) upgrading my software

So if people around visiting this forum, you have any sugggestions kindly let us know... we're the unforunate bunch of people suffering from blackberry bluetooth attacks.:-)

My Device: BlackBerry 9700 Bold
My Carrier: Me

Hi all

There is a way granted lackberry haven't exactly made this an easy procedure but here is an example for pictures (it works the same for all format media)

1. From your home sceen press the Blackerry button
  2. Select Media
  3. Select Pictures
  4. Press your blackberry button and scoll to almost the bottom of this list where you will see 'Receive Using Bluetooth'
  5. Select this and the BlackBerry will display a message 'File Transfer - Waiting for connection'
  6. Send the fie using the handset with the picture you want.
  7. You will see o the BlackBerry the usual acceptance message with an option to 'save' to yur current location or select a new place to save.

Note: in order or this to work the devices need to be paired beforehand

Hope this clears up the BlackBerry Bluetooth issue :0)