Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

messn014
My Device: Not Specified

personalize ringtones?!??

Hi, I have finally figured out how to set a different ringtone for each contact, but when they call, it will vibrate for a few seconds and then play 2 sec of the song and then start vibrating again. How do I get it to just play the whole ringtone?

Also, for my default ringtone, it plays normally, with the whole ringtone. What can I do? Thank you!

Regular Contributor
tschweitzer
My Device: 8310

Re: personalize ringtones?!??

Check under profiles>advanced then select the profile you use (probably normal) then press the menu button and select edit. Scroll down to phone. Check the settings there to see if they reflect what you want. If they seem right then I have another question. Are these ringtones you have made (example cut from a song)?
messn014
My Device: Not Specified

Yes they look normal, and yes they are ringtones I have made and dragged to my phone... weirdly though, the default one I made too but that works..
Regular Contributor
tschweitzer
My Device: 8310

I have found with certain ringtones I have made the bitrate was too high, and it only played a few seconds of it. Lower the bitrate and see if that helps you. If you need a program to do this you can use Audacity. It is a pretty good audio program.