Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

gilb6284
My Device: Not Specified

phone deleting SMS logs

SO, my phone won't stop deleting text messages from my inbox, mostly ones that have already been read, all of my outgoing ones, and at least one that I never opened. On top of that, there are three from about twenty days ago that it will not delete. Its still a fairly new phone, and I am not totally familiar with all the settings for it, but I am pretty sure I havent changed anything to make it delete messages.

help!

Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: phone deleting SMS logs

You're facing memory constraints in your device. Perform the following steps -
  1. Give a soft reset by removing the battery for 30sec.
  2. Check how much memory is free in your device to Options -> Status -> Free Memory. To view all the database size go to Option -> Status -> click Menu button then select Database Sizes
  3. Delete less frequently used application. To delete go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications -> highlight the application you want to delete -> click Menu and select Delete
  4. If you stored your picture in device memory them move them to your media card

Check the below Knowledge Bases -

Email messages are deleted from the BlackBerry device

How to maximize free space and battery power on the BlackBerry smartphone

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
jbrown21

My phone is doing the exact same thing, and regardless of what I try or restarting the phone or removing the battery it still continues to delete my messages.  I've had my sister send me a text message and I can see the envelope saying I have 1 new message then it disappears before I can even go view the message.  It started about 2 weeks ago, and continues to get worse and more frequent.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi JBrown21 and welcome to the forums!

Please do this:

go to the front page of the forums and look for the grey bar on top. On the right is new message.

Use that and it will open up your own thread. This way more people will see your problem, and you will have a better chance at getting it fixed. I can tell you, you probably have a memory problem.

Open the new thread and we can work on it.

Ok?

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Elite II
tanzim

hi jbrown21! Is your issue resolved?

tanzim                                                                                  

Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Tanzim,

He reposted and it's being addressed int the other post!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Elite II
tanzim

Thanks for the info... :smileyhappy:

tanzim                                                                                  

blkdymond

another thing that may help is from your home screen hold down the alt key and press the letters L and G twice and delete the log that pops up. 

reamssierra
My Device: blackberry 8310

dang! so my blackberry curve does the same exact thing.. like everytime i would send a picture it would mess up my texting and delete everything so i would take my battery out and put it back in and it would be fine but this time it happened and i took my battery out i tried it a million times i left it alone.. it deleted everything i try sending myself a message and the little mail symbol shows but then disapears, it deletes before i can see it.. and it will say i have a missed call but nothing will be on the list!! can i fix it?!!!!!!!

reamssierra
My Device: blackberry 8310

wait how do i fix this my phone is doing the same thing and ive tried everything tooo..