Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

ashlm
My Device: Not Specified

phone is deleting texts immediately, no text or call log on my phone

My phone just started errasing text messages and calls all of a sudden. I didn't change any settings, and i've gone through all of them, and nothing seems to be different. But I can't even read texts because it erases them so quickly, and there is no record of me sending or recieving any (texts or calls). Can someone help me with this please?
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: phone is deleting texts immediately, no text or call log on my phone

Doc ID : KB11570

ProblemWhen the BlackBerry smartphone is low on memory, Short Message Service (SMS) logs and call logs disappear.

Cause

When the BlackBerry smartphone becomes critically low on memory, SMS messages and call logs will automatically be deleted in order to keep a minimum amount of free space available. This functionality is by design.

Resolution

If the BlackBerry smartphone becomes low on memory, try the following:

• Check how much memory is currently available. See KB04353 for further information.
  • Ensure that media is saved on the media card, and not on the BlackBerry smartphone.
  • Since web browsing results in cached files on the BlackBerry smartphone try clearing the browser cache. See KB03865 for further information.
  • Lower the reserved picture memory setting. See KB12383 for further information.
  • Use the application loader tool to remove any unused applications, such as themes, ring tones, or third-party applications.
  • Perform a hard reset on the BlackBerry smartphone. Check the available memory after the hard reset. See KB02141 for further information.

If the issue still persists, perform the following, checking the available memory after each step.

• Perform a hard reset on the BlackBerry smartphone. For instructions see KB02141. Then clear unnecessary calls logs and phone messages.
  • Remove Phone Call and SMS log databases from the BlackBerry smartphone. See KB03974 for further information.
  • Perform an application load to erase all applications and install the latest BlackBerry Device Software. See KB03621 for further information.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.