Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

christinaiddon
My Device: curve 9320

phone isnt turning on

hi, i've literally just been on my phone, and its just turned itself off. now it wont turn on again... thats with having taken the battery out and waited and put it back in, and tried charging it etc... what can i do ?? 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: phone isnt turning on

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

From your brief information, I cannot tell exactly what you've tried...so apologies if this is redundant...

Please try this sequence...note that, throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain connected to a known-good wall charger (not PC USB):

1. With the battery inside, connect your BB to the wall charger
  2. Leave it alone for 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does
  3. Remove the battery
  4. Wait 15 minutes
  5. Insert the battery
  6. Wait another 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does

This has been known to "kick start" some BBs.

It is also possible that your battery or BB has experienced a problem...to test, this sequence is needed:

1. Obtain a known good and already fully charged additional battery...use it in your BB and see what happens
  2. Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your battery in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
cyde
My Device: curve 9220

Hi, just the other day my bb was on stand by and suddenly the light went on. I though that there might be a message but when I looked it just displayed a battery with an x sign. The battery is not yet low. I tried to pull out the battery and placed it back in after a few minutes but it didn't turn back on. I tried charging it but it just heats up and still won't turn back on. I even tried charging it without the battery as what I read on one the forums on another site. It didn't work. When I read this, I've tried to do the 4h15m sequence but my bb is still not powering on. When I connect it to the pc it's not detected. What seems to be the problem?
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

cyde wrote:
Hi, just the other day my bb was on stand by and suddenly the light went on. I though that there might be a message but when I looked it just displayed a battery with an x sign. The battery is not yet low. I tried to pull out the battery and placed it back in after a few minutes but it didn't turn back on. I tried charging it but it just heats up and still won't turn back on. I even tried charging it without the battery as what I read on one the forums on another site. It didn't work. When I read this, I've tried to do the 4h15m sequence but my bb is still not powering on. When I connect it to the pc it's not detected. What seems to be the problem?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please do the second part of the above test sequence.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.