Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
producerinfo
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

phone locked, can't get contacts....HELP!!!

Hi everyone. I have such a problem. went to verizon and they couldn't help me. My phone got damp(in pocket while raining) The phone kept shutting off after about 3 seconds. when the phone finally came back on, the tracking ball would scroll up and down but wouldn't do anything when pressed down.

I have a password on my phone so I hit the enter key instead of using the tracking ball. BUT..when I went to enter my password I discovered that the Q,A,P and DEL keys didn't work. strange.They are the two outer edge keys on either side of the phone.

my password has an A in it and now I can't unlock my phone. I have my entire life in there : ( here is another problem. I will not have access to the computer where my contacts are backed up for 3 months as I am away working.

Is there anyway to transfer the contacts into a new computer? can I bypass the keyboard on the device by connecting it to my laptop(pc) and then unlock it that way?

Verizon sent me a new device but I really need to get my contacts out of this phone. PLEASE HELP

If I could get the A key to work I would be all set. The tech at verizon popped off the A button and tried using a push pin but it did not work. Can blackberry remotely erase an existing password? I know that seems stupid but I am desperate.

Thank you

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,894
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: phone locked, can't get contacts....HELP!!!

Not stupid.

You can't break or bypass the password. You set it there for a reason and the BB is operating as it should in regard to being secure.

On your laptop, load Desktop Manager version 4.6 withOUT the media manager

Download Desktop Manager from here:
https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

Do a backup of your device. It will ask for the PW in DM, and you can enter on the laptop there. Full backup.

THEN, when you get the new device, use Switch Device Wizard in the DM to transfer everything over to the new BB... again you will need to enter the PW of the old one.

If you sync with Outlook, do that also, as a precaution, from the old device.

Good luck. You should be fine this way.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
producerinfo
My Device: Not Specified

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

I am a film producer on set and I was in an absolute panic. I followed your perfect step by step instructions and it worked like a charm. I am so happy!!!!!!!

thanks again and again

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,894
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Excellent, thanks for the update and good news.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.