Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: tesco

phone not working

hi can someone help me i have bought a bb curve 8520 from tesco on a 24 month contract for my 12 year old we are 11 months in and the phone suddenly stopped working sent it off to tesco to be repaired and tesco sent it back saying they could not find a fault sent it back to them again and they have sent it back saying its water damage but daughter says its not been  near water so now tesco wont replace phone as its water damage please advise what to try now as i have a very dissapointed 12 year old and i still have 13 months of contract 

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700, PlayBook & BlackBerry 10 user
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: phone not working

Hello,

Can you tell us whats the exact error messsage or whats happening on your phone, so we can suggest you further, and water damage could because of  sweat of the ears when you speak on the phone  for a long time, and the sweat goes inside the device and it causes the water damge to the device. If your 12 year old has not dropped the device any where in the water.

1. If any post helps you please click the below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: tesco

hi the phone suddenly stopped working and doesnt have an error message it seems to be completely dead tesco said they installed the most up to date software the first time we sent it off to them then when we sent it the second they said it was water damage  also i cant seem to find a proper contact number or address for blackberry to see if maybe they would replace as technically its still under warranty 

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700, PlayBook & BlackBerry 10 user
My Carrier: Vodafone

Janemac,

Its very difficult to say anything about,  since your phone is completely dead its better if you take it to the nearest service station and show it to the BlackBerry experts, if you cannot find the nearest service station then would suggest you to call BlackBerry Technical Support and they would will help you to find the nearest service center.

1. If any post helps you please click the below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.