Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

wingnut757
My Device: blackberry curve 9330
My Carrier: verizon

phone wiped!!

I came home from work today and plugged in my BB. When it powered up my password block was gone and the phone had been completely wiped! is there a way I can find out if someone tried to access my phone and the security system wiped it? I would hate to think that it simply happened because the battery died.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: phone wiped!!

Hello wingnut757

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

When we enter Wrong password for 10 time ( by default ) it will wipe or device as a security measure.And it is only you who will know if anyone tried to access your device at Home or at your workplace. Though we can also wipe our device remotely using BlackBerry protect but as you had already set a device password so it is not possible.

You had to reconfirm  because our device doesn't wipe itself  if our Battery dies. Some one must enter wrong password and you should need to be carefull with your device.I hope you have your backup which you can restore back to your device.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.