Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: curve 9360
My Carrier: 9025232140
Accepted Solution

phone wont work

Hi I desperately need help with my phone....I have a curve 9360....it all started last thursday september 12, 2013 when i started to do an upgrade on software i started it and it got as far as 9% backing up software....i couldnt stop it at all it kept doing this until sunday....i had to keep charging my battery to do this and it kept getting so hot....my husband took it to my carrier and they couldnt help me with it they said i should call the warrenty place where we pay the monthly fee and they would send me out a new phone and that i would have to pay 150.00 bucks for..so i told her i would think it over....so i got my husband to talk to my carrier and i cant upgrade to a new phone yet and now the phone wont even turn on....could u possible guide me in the right direction as what i should do...maybe get a new battery but i dont know where and if i did it would do the same thing when i turn it on....it would still be doing the software update.....i need help with this thanks and have a great day

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9810 (Torch 2)
My Carrier: MTS RUS

Re: phone wont work

Perhaps your battery has gone flat. What you can do first is reinsert the battery and connect the charger. Wait for up to 15 minutes to see if the phone shows any sign of life. If not, try removing the battery and then connecting the charger. The phone should display an empty battery icon with red cross (can take a while, too). Once that happens, insert the battery.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

GinaS wrote:

Hi I desperately need help with my phone....I have a curve 9360....it all started last thursday september 12, 2013 when i started to do an upgrade on software i started it and it got as far as 9% backing up software....i couldnt stop it at all it kept doing this until sunday...

Hi GinaS

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Right now do you still have your BlackBerry with you ? If you have it then you can try a few steps to recover your device from this situation :

You have  two methods of recovery for you to try:

(Credit JSanders)

One:

• Open Blackberry Desktop Software & Connect your device with PC using USB cable, without inserting battery.
  • You will get three option Retry, Update Or Cancel, then click on update.
  • Once it is to the stage of the update "initializing handheld", then insert battery.
  • If this does not work, and you remain stuck on the backing up the Social Feeds database, go to the second method below.

Secondly:

• Start your BlackBerry in Safe mode.  Article ID: KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Modehttp://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB17877
  • Connect to the BlackBerry Desktop Software and allow your handheld to connect. If you are prompted to upgrade, cancel the upgrade for later.
  • IF you cannot connect or your Desktop Software does not recognize your device while in Safe Mode, please follow the directions here to force the detect:  Article ID: KB10144 How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader
  • Go to Device > delete > SELECT DATA > select to delete both the Social Feeds and Smart Card databases, and follow the remaining prompts to complete it. 
  • Now, you can return and click to upgrade the device through the Desktop Manager, or reboot the BlackBerry in normal mode and continue the over the air upgrade.

Try it and let us know how it goes.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

it worked thanks!
New Contributor

My phone now works thank you very much now i don't have to pay 150 bucks! i am one happy camper Smiley Happy
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi GinaS

You are most welcome... Enjoy Smiley Happy

Cheers !

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.