Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

skvasim
My Device: Curve 9300 3G

pic, videos, music in .rem format

Hey all... Watver pics I clicked, or videos I make, they get save in filename.jpg.rem n filename.mp4.rem. Even the mp3 file I download saves in .mp3.rem format... These file works in devices but does not work when I transfer to system... Please help
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: pic, videos, music in .rem format

Hello skvasim

Welcome to the Community

The .rem extension is placed on media files when you have enabled encryption on the media card.

Article ID: KB12999 How to encrypt files on an installed media card in the BlackBerry smartphone

Article ID: KB22577 Encrypted files on a media card are able to be copied off of the media card in a decrypted state and can be viewed

Article ID: KB11454 Encrypted files stored on the microSD media card appear as .rem files

Goodluck and please let us know if these information answer your question.

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter