Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
Vedu77
My Device: 8520 curve
My Carrier: bsnl,airtel,vodafone
Accepted Solution

please help me I beg of everyone!

I am so **bleep**ing tired of this BB 8520 curve browser its so so slow I feel so tired it takes at least 3 min to load a page fully! Please help I use browser as opera mini its super fast! Why that browser is so slow! Just so tired with it!
Please use plain text.
Developer
JCabak
My Device: 9360, PlayBook,10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Play

Re: please help me I beg of everyone!

This is a forum for developers.
Try switch from 2G to 3G or better, change your phone to z10 or q10 :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,883
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

If Opera Mini works better for you, keep using it.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Vedu77

And does it solve if I update my device software from os 5 to 4???
Please use plain text.
JSanders

That would be a downgrade, not upgrade.

But you can do that.

The best thing would be to clear as much free memory as possible.

First thing? Check the File Free at Options > Status, what is the number at File Free?
Now, leaving the device powered ON, remove the battery of your device, hold a minute, replace and reboot.
What is the File Free now?

To prevent freezing or lagging/slow response on any BlackBerry, the most important practice you can adopt is to be sure to CLOSE applications when you are finished using them.

If you just hit the red "end call" key to go back to the home screen the application actually stays open and running in the background. If you do this repeatedly you will have lots of apps open and consequently your memory will get used up. Lack of memory is the biggest reason your BlackBerry slows to a crawl or locks up. If you get into the habit of actually using the menu key to close the applications this will at least slow down this memory-clogging process. You still may have to do a battery pull or use the "Quickpull" app once in a while when things get slow.

To check what applications are running on your device in the background, press the Menu key then choose Switch Applications. You will see the icons of each application there.

So now, check your applications running in the background. There are commonly four or five applications that will always be running (Messages, Call Logs/Phone, BlackBerry Messenger, Homescreen, and the Browser; there are other third party applications such as BeeJive, and BlackBerry Alerts which will also run in the background which you cannot close if you want them to operate). Make certain that the browser is NOT on an active webpage (open the browser and choose Menu > Close). Close any other applications that do not need to be running (the camera or a game you were playing or Google Maps).

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Vedu77

Can say a clear way of down grading device software step by step in an easy understanding way!?? :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
JSanders

1. Delete the newer OS from your PC by going to Control Panel >Add/Remove Programs. (If you never physically installed the OS to your PC, skip to step 2.)

2. Then download and install the older version of the OS. BlackBerry Operating System Downloads

3. Install the older OS to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
5. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Vedu77

So After Downloading file...Does An Installer Come With it!!???
Please use plain text.
JSanders

Vedu77 wrote:
So After Downloading file...Does An Installer Come With it!!???

When you download the actual OS file, it will be in a *.exe format, you double click on the file and and it will extract and install.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Vedu77

when i opened the loader and insatalled that said error u need a newer version of loader to install this>>> \

Please use plain text.