Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

problem setting up work email - company HQ in the UK

I cant figure out how to do this.  I have tried adding all the info that my IS people gave me.  Tried it as a pop email or a web based email.  could the issue be that they are UK based?  it shouldnt matter via pop mail though
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: problem setting up work email - company HQ in the UK

You need to use Email Settings icon on your home screen to integrate emial IDs . Email Setting application is used to configure any POP or IMAP like, hotmail, gamil or ISP mails. This can be done only if you have BlackBerry data plan. Just for your information having an unlimited data plan will not entitle you to get BlackBerry services. Once logged in (using Email Settings icon) you can enter your email and ID and password and click next...this is very simple. Just try the process and your'll be guided accordingly.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

i have successfully set up a gmail and att account on the phone but when it tries to connect or find the account i get an error.  i have tried both by phone and at sprint.blackberry.com   I try all variety of combos for everything and none seem to work.  I just want to make sure a sprint blackberry can get email from a UK based Exchange Server
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

[ Edited ]

If you sure that the ID you're trying to integrate is POP or IMAP and its not working in your device then...(first) contact that UK based ISP/system admin to know whether there is any issue at the mail server end...if they give you a green signal then...(second) Inform this issue to you carrier which they'll notify to RIM. BlackBerry device should be able to send/receive emails from any where in the globe!! For your information carrier can raise tickets on customer problems to RIM.

Message Edited by tanzim on 07-09-2008 09:30 PM

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

i am not sure if its a pop or imap. when i go to outlook and do tools/options it pulls up the exchange server info.  i tried that and then sent my IS person what i entered and asked if it was correct, he then corrected certain info and it still doesnt work