Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

abirbb
My Device: Curve 9220
My Carrier: Reliance
Accepted Solution

problem

[ Edited ]

My blackberry model number is Curve 9220, i am facing a serious problem which is bit wired, yesturday i found my mobile screen is not working, its getting on when it comes under light but otherwise the screen is totally dark. The phn is absolutly fine in day light or under any light but then again tured off when its in dark. I don't know whats the problem is, can you please tell me what exsactly happened? Its urgent..please revert me asap.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: problem

Hello abirbb

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Well... Your problem really seems to be a different one :smileyhappy:

Have you tried a Battery pull restart yet ? If not do it by removing the battery while your device is powered on , wait for a min. then reinsert it back , after reboot please check if problem resolves .

If issue persists then you have to investigate it deeper , you can start your device on safe mode :

KB17877How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

On safe mode please verify if cease or still persists , If you don't see those symptoms on Safe Mode then you have to look into your installed application list , sometime a bad behaving apps can cause such random issue ,  If it 's so then on safe mode Go to Options > Device > Application Management > locate and delete locate and delete any newly installed 3rd party application , Or anything that you think may be responsible for this issue .

KB10040 :How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone

Please try it and let us know how it goes.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
abirbb

Thanks, for the reply. But I tried all the possible ways but i failed, i think it is a problem related to sensor. I charged my mobile overnight but still its not working in dark. Actually my phone  was in my pocket yesturday and it was raining heavely,  but it was not drench but when i took out from pocket it was totally tured off. I thought i should keep under a fan or under light after keeping for 1 hr it turned on and I made calls and it was working fine. But it was because of the light which i discovered much later. Do you think this a serious damage?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

abirbb wrote:

Thanks, for the reply. But I tried all the possible ways but i failed, i think it is a problem related to sensor. I charged my mobile overnight but still its not working in dark. Actually my phone  was in my pocket yesturday and it was raining heavely,  but it was not drench but when i took out from pocket it was totally tured off. I thought i should keep under a fan or under light after keeping for 1 hr it turned on and I made calls and it was working fine. But it was because of the light which i discovered much later. Do you think this a serious damage?

Please wait ... Remove the Battery Immediately !

YES .. It can cause SERIOUS DAMAGE !

If our BlackBerry ever got wet then we should not try to Turn it ON to see if it works . Should immediately remove the Battery , also SIM  and Media Card. We should place it in a bag of Uncooked rice which absorb the moisture . Should leave it for atleast 3 to 4 days unless we are sure that moisture has been completely absorbed . Then we should place our BlackBerry on any heat emitting surface like stabilizer , CRT monitor Or in the dashboard of a car on a sunny day. Before inserting the battery we should be sure that it is completely dry.

Still after following those steps it is not guarantied that our device will be trouble free and will perform as earlier , because when moisture or any liquid substance enter our BlackBerry  it starts corrosion which leads to problem like quick battery drainage , problem in typing and many more .

So remove the Battery and try those steps required .

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
abirbb

Oh god! I am still using the phone like this because its working due to enough light in the room. Should I immediately turn it off and leave the phone in the uncooked rice container? Will it work now? 

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Well .. I'm not sure how much it has already affected .. But still remove the battery and try those suggestion , for some it has work but after a repair , so hope for the best and please do as suggested .

Good luck.

Please use plain text.
abirbb

[ Edited ]

Thnks friend, will let you know for sure.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi abirbb

You're most welcome .. Good luck.

Please use plain text.