Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Mish20
My Device: 8520 curve

problems downloading music onto my blackberry curve 8520

Hi
I have problems when it comes to downloading music onto my bb 8520. Every time I try to download a song from whatever site, it will go really slow, and eventually around 20% then it will say download failed. My boyfriend also has had this problem for about 2 months now. Does anyone know what I can do about this please?
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: problems downloading music onto my blackberry curve 8520

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

There are many posts with exactly your issue. Many have lodged formal support tickets with their mobile service provider, and have been told that it's a network congestion issue. Blame has though shifted between the mobile service providers and RIM. So, the best way for this to receive adequate attention is for all who suffer it to open a formal support ticket with their mobile service provider.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
jacob3
My Device: blackberry 8520

So there's no other way that us users of the bb 8520 can be helped in this thing cause we suffering and we pay for the service but we not getting anything back please help us!
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Hello jacob3,

Well, let's see...who do you pay for your services? You don't pay BlackBerry, do you? No, you pay MTN. As such, they are also 100% responsible for all of your formal service-related support...and this issue is definitely service related. So, as I said above, you need to contact them, for they are responsible for your services and support on this issue.

Further, as a user-to-user community, no one here has any access to anything "behind the scenes" to look at and try to help. We'd like to, but formal support is just not the purpose of this site.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
jacob3

I did call them they with this phone we can't download they it doesn't go along with the terms of the mtn BIS service so they there's nothing they can do,oh well its okay
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Ohhhh...so it is a service restriction on your contract with MTN. OK, that explains it then. And there's no way around that!

So, then you are left with seeking alternative methods...the simplest to me being downloading what you want to your computer, and then transferring it to your BB via Mass Storage Mode.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
jacob3

Yeah that's the simplest way and another way is to upgrade to the new models in the near future but for nw I will use the simplest way and thanks a lot for your help much appreciated.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

You are most welcome...enjoy!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates