Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

BrittyGirl21
My Device: blackberry curve 9360
My Carrier: Rogers

problems with my blackberry!

Dear RIM

I have been a blackberry user for many years now and have used my blackberry for work and social purposes. I currently own the blackberry curve 9360 which I had upgraded too in February 2012. I was looking into your blackberry 10 because I am interested in purchasing it because it looks like an amazing phone.... But that’s what I had thought with the blackberry 9360 but since I have bought it less than a year ago with Rogers I have sent it in twice to get fixed. The phone would shut off and reboot itself every 5 minutes and then eventually it didn’t want to turn on. The phone had no water damage nor scratches or even been dropped. It was in perfect condition physically. Both times I had sent it in it came back working worse than I had sent it in.

So on the third time they ended up giving me a new blackberry 9360 to replace the one they could not fix in October 2012. Now I have the new phone and the problems have started again but different ones this time. I can scroll through my albums and everything else in my phone but I cannot scroll up nor down or send pictures to contacts. I can only read enough text that they had sent that fits my screen and the rest I am unable to see. I am very sad that this keeps happening because I loved my older blackberry’s but I can not keep sending my phone away fro two weeks at a time and re-typing in contacts and losing contacts. I need a more reliable phone. I have been very unsatisfied with the blackberry curve 9360 and i’m debating on upgrading to the iphone 5. If instead I was to get a blackberry 10 how would I know it won't have the same failings?"

Sincerely

Brittany

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: problems with my blackberry!

Hey, for one thing, the BlackBerry10 devices won't have the trackpad, so that certainly won't be an issue.

On your current 9360, in your SMS screen, to scroll down, try pressing the space key.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
BrittyGirl21
My Device: blackberry curve 9360
My Carrier: Rogers

Hey, yea the space bar only goes down but say someone is texting me a big message i can only see as much as my screen is showing. I can not scroll up at all and this is only when im texting or bbming

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

try pressing the lower left shift key + the space key to go up.

By the way, This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. We are users just like you.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

The BlackBerry 10 is a completely different platform. New hardware, new software, and nothing is even close to the same as the old BB devices.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.