Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

questions about upgrades

hello i am kinda new to this forum but i have managed to download the new upgrade for the 4.5v for my BB curve 8310 however my question is if the sms will always have those dots when i am reading them or replying to someone, they are to the left by the date of the message [when u open the message]. also the address book cannot be changed, i mean its look, can it be changed?

and i am so sorry to bother so much but also i have a media card on my BB and it seems that when i listen to music or use the photo camera, it erases my sms and mms completely i was wondering why, if my option is set to mass storage. what can i do to not keep losing my messages.

thank you!

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: questions about upgrades

The dots in SMS view is common and can't be changed.

You're facing memory constraints in your device. Due to which SMS/MMS/Call Logs  are being received in your device but for low memory they were deleted you even see them.

Perform the following steps -

1. Give a soft reset by removing the battery for 30sec.
  2. Check how much memory is free in your device to Options -> Status -> Free Memory. To view all the database size go to Option -> Status -> click Menu button then select Database Sizes
  3. Delete less frequently used application. To delete go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications -> highlight the application you want to delete -> click Menu and select Delete
  4. If you stored your picture in device memory them move them to your media card.

If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

My Device: Not Specified

Re: questions about upgrades

thank u for ur answer i have done what u said and well we shall see next time i use the music or photo camera if it doesn't turn off again. thank u so much.