Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
bvandedr
My Device: Curve 9320

"Battery too low for radio use" - Curve 9320

Since early on my curve 9320 has given me a "battery too low for radio use" warning at very random moments often times when the battery is still halfway into the white area. Sometimes this can be reset manually in the setting by turning radio back on, however this does cut into calls, messages and other activities.

I have changed the battery recently thinking this was the cause of the issue, however this did not help. I am still getting the error...not to mention the short battery life of this device...this is very frustrating.

Is this a common problem and if so how is it solved? Any help is appreciated!

BV

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: "Battery too low for radio use" - Curve 9320

Hello bvandedr

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

As you already replaced the battery but still getting the message then I think the problem is within your ondevice battery meter , Sometime a few Battery Pull restart is enough to resolve this issue , if problem persists then we should Reload the device OS to rule out any software issue .

Do a backup using Desktop Software then follow this Knowledge Base :

KB03621 : How to Reload BlackBerry Device Software and application using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Try it and let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
ajaysomanath

I'm also facing same issue with my 9320, i dint change the battery,  i have done clean reload as advised here but still getting same error

New Contributor
ajaysomanath

Please let me know if the problem got fixed as i'm also facing same issue with Curve 9320.

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

ajaysomanath wrote:

I'm also facing same issue with my 9320, i dint change the battery,  i have done clean reload as advised here but still getting same error

Hello ajaysomanath

Simply reloading our OS will not help if the problem is within the battery . So you should arrange a good fully charged BB battery then test it on your device , it will reveal if the problem is with your battery itself.  

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: 9320

I am from Viet Nam. I have same problem with my 9320. BB company needs to support this problem.

jpl88
My Device: Blackberry curve 9320

i just reloaded the new OS7.1 version on my blackberry and it does the same thing over again did not solve my problem at all

jpl88
My Device: Blackberry curve 9320

[ Edited ]

and how do you test your battery on your 9320?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2072), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please try this sequence...note that, throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain directly connected to a known-good wall charger (not PC USB, not a cradle):

1. With the battery inside, connect your BB to the wall charger
  2. Leave it alone for 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does
  3. Remove the battery
  4. Wait 15 minutes
  5. Insert the battery
  6. Wait another 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does

This has been known to "kick start" some BBs.

It is also possible that your battery or BB has experienced a problem...to test, this sequence is needed:

1. Obtain an known good and already fully charged additional battery...use it in your BB and see what happens
  2. Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your battery in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem. Note carefully please that "new" and "know good" are not necessarily the same things. While rare, a "new" battery certainly could be defective. Rather, the simplest (and least costly, btw) method to conduct this test is to find someone with an identical BB who has no issues...trade batteries and see what happens.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code