Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
genieve_rozaldo
My Device: curve 9360
Accepted Solution

"Delete" in music is gone after the 7.1 os update

i have blackberry curve 9360 few weeks ago, i just updated it OTA.... i didn't notice some new features but just days ago, i was about to delete a music file (which was i copied from my computer and downloaded from free file sharing sites)  from my music player, and tada, there's no way to delete them from my music library.... i tried to use the file manager but delete is also gone from there, tried even to press the 'Del' button, but no luck.... i am able to delete the pictures and videos, but only the music is not,why is that????

Super Contributor
craigashy
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: "Delete" in music is gone after the 7.1 os update

Hi

Have you tried using Desktop Manager to delete the music. or when you plug your Device into your PC and open BlackBerry, can you delete it from there, Also when on your PC and have your Device plugged in and are going through your file. On the page select show Hidden folders, as there might be onw stopping them being deleted that is hidden
Craig Ashcroft Elite UK
If this post helps you please click the LIKE below the post(s)
New Contributor
genieve_rozaldo

thanks for early response.... I already checked the files and they are not hidden.... I am able to delete them via desktop manager, but I cannot delete them from my device itself....
New Contributor
genieve_rozaldo

oh, I got it....

I cannot delete it through my device because the folder 'music' (which is automatically created by my phone) has read-only attributes.... I tried to change it in my pc by unchecking the Read-Only option from properties but my phone keeps on setting up that folder into read-only.... and so what I did is I create another folder named 'music files' and put all my mp3's there, and so I can now delete any of them from music player and file manager....