Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

zelig504
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

"Important Calls" in Alert Profile Screen

I was setting parameters for the vibrate profile and was curious about the option to "Use the active profile except for Important Calls" - Exactly what is it defining as an importantcall and how does it determine that a call is important?

Also - what is a "Level 1" message?

TIA,

Zelig

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: "Important Calls" in Alert Profile Screen

zelig504 wrote:

I was setting parameters for the vibrate profile and was curious about the option to "Use the active profile except for Important Calls" - Exactly what is it defining as an importantcall and how does it determine that a call is important?

When you are using a profile, you can define exceptions that will override the currect profile. These exceptions appear under the profile list, under a horizontal thin line. "Important Calls" is one exception. You can configure any exception just be going on it, then hitting the Menu key, and select Edit. You will then be able to configure the exception : who is the caller, and which profile to use for that person.

I give you an example : you are at home on vacation, having a nap. You don't want to be disturbed by anyone except if your mother calls. So you choose a "silent" profile, and add an exception "Dear mom" in which you can select her phone number and the profile you want (usually the one with the ringtone "you are so beautiful to me")

Works fine with your boss too, but maybe you'll want to give another name for that exception.

zelig504 wrote:

Also - what is a "Level 1" message?

Please read this article :

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02459&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
zelig504
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks for the great and funny answer. I now understand completely and will now waste several hours pondering the correct ring tone for my boss.

Thanks from the former swampland of New Orleans.

Please use plain text.
hmabboud
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

When I apply the a/m steps, it creates some sort of "auto-reject" to my very important calls. Why does it happen?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

if you have not set any keystore password, then the keystore password is your device password.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.