Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

"Join" Feature

I have a sprint bb curve. Does anyone know if os 4.5 has the “join” feature for calls? OS 4.3 won’t allow me to merge my current call with the caller on hold/waiting.
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: "Join" Feature

Did you try 'conference call' where you can join individuals in a particular call? I'm using this since OS version 4.2!

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hello,

the name of the functionnality is called "conference call". It seems to be available since 2006. Please try this :

http://www.blackberrycool.com/2006/02/initiate-a-conference-call/

Naturally, your phone plan must at least have "double call"  enabled.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

If I'm not wrong Conference Call option is now-a-days considered as basic GSM VAS feature. Most if not all carrier provide this to its subscribers base.

Xandrex! did you mean that since 2006  Conference Call featureis enabled in BlackBerry?

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

I'm sorry but i don't think I was clear enough.  My phone does have the conference call feature.

The "join" feature is an addition to the conference call feature.  It will allow me to join caller 1 with caller 2.

While Caller 1 is currently on the phone with me---- caller 2 is on my call waiting.   I click over to answer

caller 2 and then have the ability to join caller 1& 2 calls together.  Conference call is different because I

have to call both parties.  In short, The call "join" feature let's me join the person who called me with the person I called.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

I am sorry I still don't understand the difference. With a conference call, you end up talking all three together and hearing each other. What's the difference with your join thing ?

it's all explained here :

http://support.t-mobile.com/knowbase/root/public/tm51138.htm#initiate

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Forums Advisor III
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Ok let me explain on a conference call I have to call Bob and I have to call Mark then we can all talk. What the poster is talking about is this. I am on the phone talking to Bob. Just me and him. Then my call waiting beeps in and it's Mark. Is there a button I can press to add Mark to the conversation between me and Bob? So all three of us can now talk together. Does this make sense?
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
New Contributor

FiNALLY!!!!!!!  Thank U Lorriem1222U know exactly what I'm talking aboutMy girlfriend has your phone...bb at&t 8310,

and she is able to do exactly what you explained (sorry I couldn't explain it as well as you did).  I thought that it was an amazing feature. She was already talking on the phone with her friend when I called her (I was on her call waiting)... She clicked over to me & hit her "join" button which brought me direcly into the conversation with her & her friend...

Unfortunately, when I bought my sprint bb 8330, i thought this feature was standard. From the responses to my question It is has become painfully clear that not all blackberry models include this feature. I was hoping that os v4.5 had it included.

If it doesn't, maybe blackberry will consider adding it in its later versionsTo those of you who responded before lorriem1222 & others, please research this feature so we can collectively ask blackberry to offer a patch.