Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
jpkc
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: att
Accepted Solution

"Sorry! We are closing this page because its too large to load"

Browser closes pages with the subject message. I understand that some pages need flash, but I get this on a lot of web sites. Being able to browse half the web is not what I was expecting with OS6. Is this a problem with v6 of the OS?, would downgrading to v5 resolve this issue?

Appriciate knowing if this is a hardware or OS issue.

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Developer
AnthonyProbert
My Device: Curve 3G(9300)
My Carrier: Telus

Re: "Sorry! We are closing this page because its too large to load"

This is to do with your hardware, meaning your phone isn't able to with hold all the information it is trying to process at once. One suggestion is if you downloaded it on a phone that doesn't come preinstalled with os, is to downgrade because you're going to run into this problem with a lot of websites because of the amount of Phone RAM it uses.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did i help you with this problem? if so please show your appreciation by clicking the Like button inside of my post. Please remember I am not a RIM employee the support forums are user-to-user, not user-to-RIM.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jpkc
My Carrier: att

Thanks for the quick reply. I assumed it was a memory liimitation, shame bb did not design enough into the product. So v5 of the OS will have more available memory?
Please use plain text.
Developer
AnthonyProbert
My Device: Curve 3G(9300)
My Carrier: Telus

Yeah I guess but that's like saying ill put a cast on now incase I break my arm later .. You know ? They probably didn't know that they were gonna need to need that.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did i help you with this problem? if so please show your appreciation by clicking the Like button inside of my post. Please remember I am not a RIM employee the support forums are user-to-user, not user-to-RIM.
Please use plain text.
shamz_stud
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Airtel

If you like the OS6 and the only problem you are having with it is the browser, then there is an another alternative. Instaed of using the native browser use other browsers like Opera Mini, BOLT etc.. I'm having the same problem. I just use the native browser for Mobile sites and others to browse the desktop sites. It works fine.
Please use plain text.
BBjays
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: virgin

Problem Solved! Simply go into your browser options and disable "Java Script" and disable "embedded media" in the browser options.  I will give credit to Collie who solved the problem on the PinStack forum 

http://forums.pinstack.com/f339/browser_problems_after_software_upgrade-129198/

Please use plain text.
BBjays
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: virgin

Just to add to this, not only do I no longer get this error but web pages open fast and I can open multiple pages at tthe same time. This is awesome.  Thanks Collie!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Gled74
My Carrier: talk mobile

Thank you! :smileyhappy:)
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rajaphale
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Airtel

Collie's solutions works well. However, when i want to doenload something, in this instance i wanted to download Viber, and this needs Javascript enabled. If Javascript is enabled, the browser cannot open the page giving the above error. Any solution to this? 

Can I downgrade the OS? How does one do it?

Thanks a lot for the help

Please use plain text.