Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

tgheflin1
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Boost Mobile

"Uncaught Exception: UUID Must Be 36 Characters Long"

Starting today, I have begun receiving the following error message when turning on my phone...
"Uncaught Exception: UUID Must Be 36 Characters Long"
I have not installed any new applications, and I am unable to find information about this error on the web.  Can anyone please assist me or provide information for a resolution?

Thank you,
Thomas 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kenji-meister00
My Device: Blackberry 9800
My Carrier: O2

Re: "Uncaught Exception: UUID Must Be 36 Characters Long"

[ Edited ]

Actually i am having the same promlem as you, and it has also happened to me yesterday and been wondering why, everytime i switch on my blackberry (9800) a message saying "exception uncaught: UUID must be 36 characters long". Please help i cant find any solution to this problem as well??? 

Thank you. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vmas79
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: bell

I just got this as well. Any fix yet?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BigRob673
My Device: Bold 900 & 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

I have been getting this on reboots for about a week now. My  is a 9800 on OS 6.0.0.600. I'm beta testing bbm 6 & app world 3. Beta bbm 6 has not been updated in awhile. I've delete app world 3 & still got the message.
Just think!!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BigRob673
My Device: Bold 900 & 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Ok I deleted app world, rebooted, reinstalled app world & rebooted my phone again. I no longer get the error. If you are still getting the error, please look at your alt+LGLG logs. Maybe clear them & reboot to get a smaller log file.
Just think!!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kenji-meister00
My Device: Blackberry 9800
My Carrier: O2

Okay I have rebooted my phone without deleting appworld or anything, and I'm no loger getting the message "Uncaught Exception: UUID Must Be 36 Characters Long.". What I think happened was that there was a temporary problem but the bb network sorted it out now.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sad25in
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Celcom

Hi BigRob673, refering to your advice should i click "Clear Log" after i did alt+LGLG? I also got the same error msg.. Before i saw your posting i did tried to reboot my device but still the same.. So i would like to try to Clear Log..
Please use plain text.
tgheflin1
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Boost Mobile

Hello all, the problem went away and is now coming back. Previously it was fixed by removing app world and reinstalling it but this time this does not work. I have googled the error and have not come up with much information. Is it possible to get ahold of someone from RIM about this as I am unsure if it has a negative effect on my phones performance (it seems to) as my Curve has been more bogged down since the error came back.

-Tom

Please use plain text.
singul
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: MTN Nigeria

I have tried this and it works perfect; dip it ur blackberry inside boiling water for 12hours bring it our, dry over a flame of fire by dropping it on the burner like you place a pot. After drying open the back and collect ur sim card (ie if it is not already damaged) and ur memory card. Trash ur handheld, take a bath, dressup and go to the bank and withraw sufficient cash, go straight to a phone shop and ask of iphone or nokia torch or batter still Nokia 3310 and buy then start using that one and leave us alone on our BB world pls.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bidlack
My Device: BlackBerry 9780
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Oh, this was an exciting error and there is an easy solution.  The problem is with certain applications installed on the Blackberry.  This particular error was with an application on my Blackberry called "5001 Amazing Facts."  To get your Blackberry back to normal, uninstall this application and reboot the device.  If it's not this application then you'll probably have to figure out which one it is and uninstall it.  Yay!  - The Famous Dr. Jim Bidlack  (Dr. Bidlack's Famous Biology Website

James Enderby Bidlack
Please use plain text.