Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

izzie31
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Orange France
Accepted Solution

"Uncaught exception: bridge is not ready. Ensure the UMP is running"

Hi

I use a BB Curve 9360. I get a weird error "Uncaught exception: bridge is not ready. Ensure the UMP is running" every time I open the web browser or messages in the message preview window (under the clock). I have tried updating the BB system, resetting the phone, but the error eventually comes back to the point that I cannot use my web browser anymore, except when I remove the battery.

FYI, the problem appeared after I updated the system on my phone, a few months back.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve my problem??

Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: "Uncaught exception: bridge is not ready. Ensure the UMP is running"

Hi izzie31

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

First try those steps in the same sequence :

1- Register your Handheld .

• KB00510 : How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Wait till a Registration messages comes in your message box.

2- Delete and Resend your Service Book

• KB05000 : Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • KB02830 : Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • ( Wait till a Registration Message comes in your message box for each email that you have configured on your device )

3-  Then perform a battery pull restart like this while the device is powered On remove your battery wait for a min. then reinsert it back

After performing those steps please check if you recieve the same error , If error persists then try this suggestion as offered by @ Cpt_Sweatpants on this thread  Browser help with 9320

Good luck.         

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.