Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: Free Mobile

"Your device encountered a problem with this application's server"

Hi,

Very weird problem, I've been looking all over the forums and tried tons of things, nothing works.

I have an old 8900 (probs 2009 model). I set it up yesterday with my new mobile phone provideer (Free Mobile, in France). It was working swell, I was able to add email accounts no problem.

But today a crash in the BB Desktop Software rebooted and wiped clean my BB. Lost all my data, and the settings apparently went back to factory defaults.

I re-start, and phone, SMS, internet all work fine. But IMPOSSIBLE TO SET UP AN EMAIL ACCOUNT.

I've tried "registering" by going to Advanced Options/HRT/Register Now - it does generate an email from Blackberry saying "Your handheld has been registered with the wireless network", but then nothing more.
And I can't seem to find a way to resend service books.

Obiously I've tried rebooting, etc. and I've waited 2 hours to see if the service came back on its own but nothing. And my carrier doesn't seem to give a **bleep**, they can't help me.

I'm stuck. Can anyone help me please??

Thanks

Solutions: 6,163
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: "Your device encountered a problem with this application's server"

Please try this FIRST, using your BlackBerry browser...

1)
• Go to mobile.blackberry.com
• Scroll down to Communication and then to Email.
• Choose the appropriate email set up options.

If that works and completes your email setup/editing, good. Stop here.

If not, follow these additional instructions:

2) Register HRT: (OS5) Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Scoll to any line entry and > press the Menu key > and then click Register Now. If you have an OS 6 or OS 7 device, Look at Options > Device > Advanced > Host Routing Table, etc.

3) Resend Service Books: KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service

4) Then, with the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescribed for most glitches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.

5) Now, return to the 1) mobile.blackberry.com email setup as mentioned above and follow that.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you!

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thanks, but I had seen that post somewhere else already and tried it all... :-(

Step 1) ends in the following way: the site ends up telling me "You carrier is not supported at this time" (which is obviously is since everything was working fine yesterday)

Step 2) I've done countless times, with all the various HRTs there are, and I get the email confirming registration but nothing more.

Step 3) I cannot do - how can I resend the service books? If it's just the result of step 2), then it's not working, and I've done step 4) already. 

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Free

Hey, I am having the same problem on Free. It was working perfectly fine until yesterday afternoon and started having this problem after I updated to the latest version of OS 6.0.3049.

I have tried everything since then, reinstalling the OS multiple times and even reinstalling the older version, but still cant get it to work. I even tried removing the Blackberry option on the Free My account and re-adding it, still get the same message.

I didnt wanted to call the Free customer support because I dont speak any French, but I was left with no option. So I tried calling them and they gave me a UK number to call on which is the Blackberry support number. When I asked for a Free Mobile Blackberry support number the agent said they only have a Blackberry support information section on the website and no support desk.

I still think its something to do with the BIS setting with the carrier, my other internet services work - I can access the internet and the instant messengers etc. Is there anything else I can try here by myself other than calling the Free Mobile support?

Juliensorrenti, if you do manage to get this issue resolved, please do let me know and how to get it done.

Thanks in advance guys.
New Contributor

Hi manishvv,

Well, I did manage to set it up again, and I'm flabbergasted by the method I had to use... Here's how I did it: I borrowed someone else's SIM card, from another provider!!

So 

1) Erase all email accounts from your Blackberry, make sure nothing is registered anymore and nothing appears. The way I did that was by re-setting my BB completely, erasing everything.

2) Reboot with a new SIM card (I did it with an Orange SIM, but I suppose it would work with any provider, as long as a Blackberry service is associated to this SIM card)

3) Now you should be able to set up the email account. Connect to it like you normally would.

4) Turn off the device, remove SIM, put back your FREE SIM, reboot

5) The email you set up should still be installed, it might ask you to "confirm" or "validate" by typing in your password (and for a while it wouldn't take my password, but eventually it worked), but after that you're good.

Hope this works for you!

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Free

Hi juliensorrenti

Thank you for your immediate response. Unfortunately I dont have any other SIM with Blackberry services provisioned on it.

So I think I have to look for alternative methods to get the services back.

Manish
Highlighted
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: o2

Dear Julien - a huge THANK YOU. This method just worked for me. I have been having this problem for a total of NINE WEEKS with O2 technical support and my third party handset provider trying all sorts of things (many of which are suggested on other support forums). They were unable to find a solutions and the problem persisted and continually passed me around to various people and departments, also saying they were escalating the issue to RIM but never hearing back from them.

So I can't tell you what a relief it is that this has worked and I can get on with my work (and life!).

I have a Blackberry 9810 - I used another users blackberry enabled SIM, from the same network. I inserted the other users SIM, booted up, logged onto my Blackberry ID account as normal and it went straight into email setup with no issue. I then set up my email accounts, switched off, replaced the SIM with my own, booted up and logged back into my Blackberry ID. The email accounts were there and are working fine.

After 9 weeks of no solution, 4 new handsets - and absolutely terrible customer service - I would say that O2 and RIM technical support is ridiculous and pathetic. There is no way I would get another blackberry after this, switching to a Galaxy promptly when my contract allows!

Thanks again!

Daljit

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Storm
My Carrier: Orange (France)

I had to change my Gmail password this morning and Blackberry required me to validate. Gmail has been working fine upto now.

Well everytime I enter the new password I get the "Your application encountered a problem with this application's server. Select OK and repleat action to try again"

I've tried again lots of times. I've tried going through the Captcha process on my Blackberry, but there isn't a way to sign in to the Gmail application when it tells you to do that. I tried just opening the Gmail log-in screen on the Blackberry's brower but it opened a sort of weird version of the Gmail inbox without a password.

If I delete the account and add it again, will all those aeons of past emails still be available on the Blackberry?

My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Tigo Tanzania

Hi there,

Did you receive any response in regards to this because I got the same response when trying to validate my email account.

Thanks,

Myoma