Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
spyros9
My Device: Blackberry 8900 Curve

Re: "hide" photos-where arr they??

weird....

now i cant "hide" any photo..it takes me out on desctop.i return to media and i see the selcted photo opened..

so weird......

BB men is so difficult

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

I found oddness with the BBKey menu Hide also...kept just exiting the app back to homescreen. But, use the Properties of the file and you will always be able to hide or unhide...and turn on Show Hidden (from Explore) to show those you've previously hidden.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
spyros9
My Device: Blackberry 8900 Curve

ok thanks...

looks like

you selcet a photo, menu> hide it

then iot throws you out to desctop..

then you open "media" agai and you are on selected photo that it was hidsen.

you go to bb meny,properties tick on "removable  hidden"= photo is disappeared..

then you to un hide it permantly you have to go to media then BB menu>explore>media card>bb> show hidden

now you see the hidden photos selcted though..not permantly unhidden yet. to permently unhide the phot you go one by one on the photo,only highlight it >bb men> properties>untick "removable hidden"

THEY COULD EASILY HAVE A "HIDE" SELECTION!

AND THEN TO UNHIDE PHOTOS HAVE "UNHIDE" +PASSWORD!

**bleep** WHY IS IT SO DIFFICULT! THIS IS SO BAD!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Sorry, but all "Why" questions are outside of my jurisdiction.

Personally, the only thing I use the Photo app for is to simply view photos as a slideshow. To manage the actual files, I use either the Explore app or (more often) directly tether and manage as a Windows drive letter via USB. Plus, I've never seen the utility of hiding anything on my BB. It's my BB.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ScorpionQueen
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Vodacom

My BB doesn't give me the explore button or option....how can I find my hidden photos?
Please use plain text.