Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Byakuya0007
My Carrier: Telkomsel
Accepted Solution

reconnecting to jvm alway fails

My curve 8520 was perfectly fine for almost 2 years now until 3 days ago. It couldnt turn on. It stucked on white loading bar with usually seen when reboot the device. I`ve waited almost 5 hours hoping this loading will end and my bb start working but sadly it didnt.

So i decided to reload os. I used apploader from latest version of DM. At first I thougt it will be fine coz my PIN still detected by the loader. Unfortunately it failed in "reconnect to jvm" phase. I got messages "unable to connect to device.... retry". I`ve tried to do this reload again several times but always failed when trying to reconnect to jvm. Since then, whenever I boot my bb, it always stuck on white screen with "reload software 507" written on it.

I`ve tried bunch of advise i read from here and somewhere else which look simillarly to the problem i have. Here`s what i`ve done so far.

- battery pull (billion times!)

- charge

- remove battery and waited for 15 hours+ then put it back

- used other battery  and other charger (got from my friend)

- used other PC (tried on my pc win 7 64bit and my friend`s win xp SP3)

- used other USB cable

- used all USB port available on the pc

None of these worked!.

- Someone suggest that I swip first my bb with BBSAK or Jl_cmder but none of these tools detected my bb.

- I also try to open device manager > USB > Properties >Power managament > then i check off "allow these computer to turn off to save power" (read it somewhere). But still not working.

- When reloading the os, I also tried to plug out the bb from pc when the apploader try to reconnect to jvm and plug in again immediately (also read it somewhere). But in the end I still got the massage "unable to connect.... retry"

Now here I am, asking some advice or maybe a solution about my problem. I live in very small city in Indonesia and there`s no blackberry service centre around here. That`s why i try to figure out this problem myself. This bb is the first thing i ever buy with my first salary so it kinda memorable to me. I dont want to just throw it away (I really hope not). Any advice will be apreciated. thanks in advance :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
unleashurself
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

Re: reconnecting to jvm alway fails

Hi Byakuya0007,

Welcome to the Community & Thanks for your Post..!!

You have done almost all steps but i would suggest you to pull out battery and connect your device with PC using USB cable, and see DM will promt a window with 3 options Retry, Update or Cancel.

Now click on Update.....it will detect software and will prompt you user friedly options for proceeding further..

Before this remove SIM & Media card and try to boot you handheld in safe mode, procedure can be found in below URL

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB17877&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...

If all these not help then may again try to clean OS reload from below URL...

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB11320&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Byakuya0007

Hi unleashurself, thanks for ur response
Actually i`ve tried to reload using DM and now i`ve just did it again. I folllowed exactly the same step you said which are: I pull out battery, connect my bb to pc via usb cable, and when pop up from DM occured I chose Update.. and then, it happened again.. when the updating process enter "reconnecting jvm" phase... error message occur "unable to connect"...
I`m using latest version DM (7.x) and I followed the step from url you mention about clean OS reload. From (?) > Support resources > support tools > Reset. But I couldnt figure out how to reset it because the button for reset not active
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Carrier: BSNL

Byakuya0007 wrote :

Actually i`ve tried to reload using DM and now i`ve just did it again. I folllowed exactly the same step you said which are: I pull out battery, connect my bb to pc via usb cable, and when pop up from DM occured I chose Update.. and then, it happened again.. when the updating process enter "reconnecting jvm" phase... error message occur "unable to connect"...
I`m using latest version DM (7.x) and I followed the step from url you mention about clean OS reload. From (?) > Support resources > support tools > Reset. But I couldnt figure out how to reset it because the button for reset not active

Hi Byakuya0007

It seems your device struck while connecting JVM or while updating JVM. Please try this and see if it allow your device to recover from the present state :

How to recover a BlackBerry smartphone from any state .

Try it and let us know.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Byakuya0007

prince2012,  it works!
But i made a slight different approach.. for the first and 2nd try i do exactly as it said on KBS27956

but it failed with the same problem as before..

the 3rd time I tried, I didnt put the batterai at all until the updating process start wait for initialization of device phase (I read about it somewhere). I plug in the batterai immediately when initializing start.. the loading process then continue to read application configuration phase. It is like "skipping" the reconnect to jvm phase (I`m not sure what happen exactly, it happen quite fast, i didnt take a good look)

anyway it worked, the os is installed very well..

thanks guys, I`m so happy! yay!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Byakuya0007

We all are glad that finally you made it  so as you can see for yourself we can also do little bit variation by ourselves to make it work just as you did it now.

So cheers  .....:Genius:

Prince

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mminas
My Carrier: Cosmote

I have the exactly same problem as the OP and tried the suggested solution.

Unfortunately even if i insert my battery at the "Waiting for device initialization" phase I still get "reconnecting to JVM" next and that step fails.

I get a message saying "Application Loader was unable to connect with your device" etc.

Any ideas on how to get passed the "reconnecting to jvm" step like the OP did?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

mminas wrote :

Unfortunately even if i insert my battery at the "Waiting for device initialization" phase I still get "reconnecting to JVM" next and that step fails.

I get a message saying "Application Loader was unable to connect with your device" etc.

Any ideas on how to get passed the "reconnecting to jvm" step like the OP did?

Hi mminas

Welcome to the Community

You had try again and again to see if it connect  and also try changing your USB ports .

Prince

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mminas
My Carrier: Cosmote

I have already tried more than ten times using 4 different USB ports. The mobile device connects fine with the desktop and all the other steps of the upgrade are done properly but it always fails at  "reconnecting to jvm".

Every try I make takes more than 20 minutes and this is really frustrating :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Visitor
medion
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Hi,

I'm having the same jvm problem as Byakuya0007 and mminas.
I also tried everything but "reconnecting to jvm" is still not working....

Is there a way to update the OS without jvm? buy the way "Loder /nojvm" is always using jvm and is therefor not an option.
Please use plain text.