Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: reconnecting to jvm alway fails

Hi medion

Welcome to the Community

Please try this and see if it helps :

Credit JSanders :

1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed.
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/
2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):

"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm

3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."

4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.

5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life. Congrats! Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.

NOTE: If you do not see a list of applications mentioned in step 5 and instead see the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then you must download Blackberry's Operating System for your carrier and device.

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/BlackBerry_Operating_System_Downloads

Just select the appropriate carrier and network type, select your Blackberry model from the list and download the latest version. Install this download and follow the above steps again and you should be on the right path.

Please try it and let us know.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor
My Device: 8520 Curve
My Carrier: Cosmote

[ Edited ]

If he is mentioning in his post that the loader is always trying to use jvm he has obviously already done this stuff.

Medion, I totaly gave up on my BB. BBsak can't connect to it and any effort to reinstall any os through the loader always results in failure. I don't think I will be buying a BB ever again and from what I've been hearing around neither will anyone else.

Elite II

mminas wrote : 

If he is mentioning in his post that the loader is always trying to use jvm he has obviously already done this stuff

Hi mminas

May not be .How can you say that specifically ?

mminas wrote : 

I totaly gave up on my BB. BBsak can't connect to it and any effort to reinstall any os through the loader always results in failure

All we can do is try and hope for the best.But yes it may fail if you have a major hardware failure or if your device has suffered severe moisture damage ,So we can't say it will work on such conditions.What I believe is we shall try

our best and don't leave any options.

Prince

Contributor
My Device: TORCH 9860
My Carrier: CELCOM

same here... same problem but different model..mine was torch 9860..
Elite II

LYNNERD0 wrote:
same here... same problem but different model..mine was torch 9860..

Hello LYNNERD0

If you are having the same issue then have you try to follow those steps already provided ? If not then try it .

Contributor

the process of CONNECTING TO DEVICE (this might take a few minutes), how long it takes? it is more than a few minutes than as it state.. or do my device has another problem? how long do you take to complete the UPDATING BLACKBERRY DEVICE SOFTWARE process? i do follow your steps. i do not have problem regarding the reconnecting to jvm.. i pass it all but it takes more than 30 minutes for connecting to device. white bar not loading till the end. looks like my problem not solved like you did. please reply me ASAP. 

Elite II

Hi LYNNERD0

If your device get pass that Reconnecting JVM phase then you might be lucky , Sometime it may take long to complete the process. You can wait until the process complete .

But Can you confirm what error did you recieved on your device as you followed this thread , it might help in understanding your situation .

Contributor

still in the condition like i state in the previous reply.. still in the process of connecting the device.. so i cant think much as my device didi not start working yet..  i love my bb torch 9860.. i cant throw it away.. i have to fix myself since the bb centre is far far away from my hometown.. Smiley Sad

Elite II

Hi LYNNERD0

As I asked what error you recieved on your device as you followed this thread  ?

Can you Share !

Contributor

i dont have any error so far.. i just cant wait the process of connecting the device to complete.. since it took about more than 1 hour to complete not as it stated which is a few minutes..