Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
maceblack
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: wind mobile
Accepted Solution

recording stops after screen dims

My 9300 stops recording when the screen timeout is reached. this is not by accident this is occuring because software was installed to prevent me from recording. Does anyone have a fix for this issue? It can be corrected by reinstalling the operating system and when I last installed Absolute radio I noticed the problem.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: recording stops after screen dims

Hi maceblack,

Have you tried removing the application from your BlackBerry® smartphone, instead of reloading the software, to see if that works?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
maceblack

Cpt_sweatpants , When I connected my Desktop manager it stated an update was available however the update version and the version on my BB 9300 were the same. See enclosed.blackberry desktop.PNG

After performing this update again my recording was corrected. I believe my Blackberry's O.S. software was modified over the air by Police authorities in Canada, Ontario. The reason is I performed the update to the same version  a few days ago and everything was up to date. Today Nov-23 My phone was reset some how and after plugging it in to Desktop manager to try your suggestion the Desktop screen above appeared.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
maceblack

I just noticed how Blackberry messenger (in diagram) shows version 5.0.2.12 and Blackberry desktop has the suggested action as downgrade. Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
maceblack

The answer is an application called " Brampton Guardian" by Metrolan Media Group Ltd whic when installed (not run) will disable your voice recorder after the screen saver activates (default is 30 second) I placed a review noteing the same thing on Blackberry Apps but ithas not appearred.

Please use plain text.