Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: 8520 Curve
Accepted Solution

reload software 552

Hello,

I just bought a week ago a blackberry 8520 curve and everything was working fine, until I tried to uninstall a free application that I install from appworld, it asked me to reboot. So, I did and when the blackberry reboot I got this on my screen "reload software 552". My phone got **bleep**ed so, I had to downgrade my OS and then upgraded again to solve it but, the problem still persists now everytime I delete an application from my Blackberry and asks me to reboot and I get that error after rebooting.  How can I fix this? Please help!!

Regards + thanks!

Solutions: 6,094
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: reload software 552

If the device is only a week old, I'd return it to the seller and get your money back or a different 8520.

There's no reason for a new device to behave this way.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

I tried but, they wont take it back that is why I would like a solution on this matter if possible

Solutions: 6,094
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Who did you buy it from?

Any legitimate authorized retailer would take it back.

What country are you in?

So, if you must, do this:

You will need to use JL_Cmder to wipe the device and subsequently load the OS to the device. Follow the instructions here:

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_wipe_the_BlackBerry_using_Jl_Cmder%3F

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Yes it is legitimate, don't worry I got it from Orange and I fix the phone already I had the OS version 4.x and I just upgraded to the 5.x recommended one and with this upgrade the problem is solve. I gues was a bug from the 4.x version.

Cheers!!

Visitor
My Device: BB Curve 8520

I was trying to uninstall an application from appworld, which showed an "out of memory" message.  When I was asked to restart my device, my BB 8520 suddenly went out and on restart, showed a white screen with the Reload Software 552 message.

My service is local (Globe from the Philippines), and I'm afraid I might loose the open line status of my device upon reload of new OS.

Visitor
My Device: 8900 Curve

Hi guys, need ur help in fixing the 552 error for my 8900 Curve. i have tried doing it as per some given solutions, but i still cant figure it out. i have the following issues in wiping out my existing OS:

• The JL_Cmder file wudn't install in my sys (using a windows 7). When i install, it stays for a second and disappears.
  • I cant find the "application loader" tab in my Desktop software (v 6.0.0.43)
  • I have downloaded my carrier specified BB OS, but cant install it onto my system.

Need help....ASAP!

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520

I had the same problem with my phone after only having it a few months, i phoned up o2 and explained what happened, they told me to send it off to them to be repaired, they couldnt repair it within 7 days so they sent me a brand new one.

Its under warrenty as its brand new and because its a fault with the phone they will repair or replace for free which they did for me.

My Device: Curve 8520

I tried to upgrade the software, but finally sais:

"An error has occuerred while downloading softrare for your device. Please verify your internet connection or try again later, if the problem persists."

I'm connected to the internet, but this keep comming...

I've tried with and without batter/ sim/ media card...  and nothing...

someone???

Regards

My Device: curve 8520

Hey All,

I too had this bad experience of reload software 552.....and it was a nightmare....but finally i cracked it..but for a price..of wiping my contact and all other saved items....these need to followed.....to fix it..

1. Dont panic

2. You need to have internet connection to download the following...

a. JL_Cmder this will help to clean the blackberry sofware and data installed  can be accessed from by google.

b. Blackberry Desktop manager can be downloaded from Blackberry offical site

c. Download the latest Blackberry OS i.e 5.0 http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/devices/

3. Install JL_Cmder and follow the procedures, http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-software/18789-jl_cmder.html

4. e. Once rested to factory defaults.

5. You need to go to <your drive>:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Loader.exe and follow the next button, and connect the blackberry to the loader application. Select the newly downloaded Blackberry OS 5.0.

6. The loader will start loading the new OS, please wait till completion of the process this might take 30-45 min. Finally you will have the new OS and clean Device.

7. Good Luck