Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
ryanm
My Device: Not Specified

restoring dataW

Will restoring data, also restore the look of your front page or just the info in the files??

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
lorriem1222
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Re: restoring dataW

If you mean wiping the device to factory settings. Then yes everything will go back to the way is was the day you bought it. If you are talking about creating a backup and restoring the phone that way then no. A backup will be an exact replica of the way it looked just before you made the backup. May I ask why you are asking? Perhaps we can help you with something else.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ryanm
My Device: Not Specified

The reason is I took the battery out and when the phone came back, my home screen was gone and some of the icons are shown as ? marks with no icon.  All messages, call log, etc is there, but my home screen has gone black and white and everything weird, not like how I even bought it.  ????
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
lorriem1222

Unfortunately I do not know what caused that. Hopefully someone else has a solution. Ideally when you pull the battery the appearance of the screen and icons should be exactly as you left them.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
bumblepie
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Please do not create duplicate posts.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&message.id=9195#M9195

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
lorriem1222

[ Edited ]
But they ARE different. This one he wanted to know the effects of a hard reset. The other one he wanted to know how to solve his icon problem. It's just that on this one I asked him why he wanted to know. And it lead into the icon problem. That's why he explained it again.
Message Edited by lorriem1222 on 08-24-2008 11:28 PM
Please use plain text.