Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
mrsmotta
My Device: Not Specified

retrieving messages

i am having a few problems and maybe they arent really problems since i am new to this but i need help. i cant seem to keep my text messages in my inbox, just my emails. thats a problem. i also downloaded some songs that i cant delete. thats a problem. when i hear the new message tone, i dont always receive a message yet people are telling me they sent me images or texts. thats a problem too. help!!!
Forums Advisor III
bumblepie
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Re: retrieving messages

Separate the SMS and email folders.

Go into main message icon, the bring up the options >options>General settings > Look for the option that says 'SMS and Email Inboxes: change it to separate.

As for the MMS, Is this service going through a company Enterprise Server? There may be IT policys restricting the ability to send/receive MMS. Or it may not be set up via your carrier.

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Contributor
mrsmotta

thanks, that helps but i have troubles with the hourglass showing, the volume of the ringtone when i get a call and not being able to delete the ringtones i have in my device to make room for more. any help would be appreciated. thx.
Forums Advisor III
bumblepie
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Whats wrong with the volume of your device? Is it set to high?

What happens when you go into your media files to delete the ringtones? are you getting an error message?

Please be more spefic and include what steps u have taken.

:smileyhappy:

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Contributor
mrsmotta

Replies in another color...had to be sure I would remember what I needed to answer. I appreciate the help! :smileysad: 

Whats wrong with the volume of your device? Is it set to high?

i have the volume set to 25% and it still rings at full volume. i love my ringtones but they are so loud it startles me. I switch it to normal volume but it stays the same.

What happens when you go into your media files to delete the ringtones? are you getting an error message?

I originally downloaded several ringtones and transferred some from my old cell. Rather than name them as I did them, I kept the number as the title when they were saved. When I went to delete some that I figured I wouldnt use after all, it wouldnt delete. I tried to rename them but they wont even play. I dont get an error message either. I just get the prompt to delete or cancel and when I select delete, it does nothing.