Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9320
My Carrier: airtel

ringer off & device reboot

i bought this bb curve 9320 on 15 Aug 2012 from mobile store, since then i'm facing this issue of ringer going off n device reboot all of a sudden, got this checked twice with redington service center, according to redington official software needs to be updated, but they are themselves are not sure whether it will solve my problem or not, infact they suggested to use the device on 2g mode only, have checked the version, it has a latest version installed i.e 7.1.0 bundle 1319. Request help. I'm very disappointed the way blackberry provide customer service and cud not believe that this is actually happening, 15 k price tag not worth for this kind of device :-(
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: ringer off & device reboot

Hi vikasaroraa

Welcome to the Community

Sorry for the problem you are having but as you know this is User Support Forums here user like you and us try to help each other.

And regarding your problem we can try to help,Can you tell us How many Third party Applications you had installed in your device or you can try starting your device on safe mode   KB17877   and run for say 1 hrs to see if problem appear.If on safe mode those problem does not appear it means your Application ( if any installed ) are responsible .But if problem persist you can try Reloading your Device software by yourself to rule out any software.

KB11320 : How to perform a clean Reload of the BlackBerry Device Software using BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows.

But if your problem reappear then I think best option is to Contact your Carrier for Warranty replacement or Repair.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

thanks Prince, will surely try to perform safe mode and update you on the outcome. Presently 3-4 third party applications are there in my device which includes whats app, photo studio editor & 2-3 games like angry pig/catapult/bubble braker etc.
Elite II

Hi  Vikasarora

So please try it to narrow down the issue and let us know of your results.

Prince

New Contributor

Dear Prince,

Just wanted to update you & all blackberyy curve 9320 owners that this phone sucks .... you won't believe, i got this handset replaced by redignton but the moment i put this handset on 3g mode it starts rebooting itself, no matter whether it is in  use or in idle situation it just keep rebooting, however, if i use 2g mode it works just fine... after all this i spoke to redignton and they said now i shd speak to Airtel it might be due to sum network issues, so i spoke to airtel blackberry help line and got the feedback from their network team that i shd swap my SIM, i got my SIM swapped on 13 Oct but it dosen't help, the situation is still the same, it's rebooting every now and then. 

Pls tell me what options do i have? can't i use this handset on 3G mode, if this ths case, then why the hell blackberry is producing such peice of **bleep** if it dosen't work on that platform???? 

Elite II

Hello vikasaroraa

Sorry for the trouble you are having ,I can understand your frustration.Seen this problem with some user ! But If you have any Media Card then remove it and see what happen,If problem persist then I prefer contact Redington India and ask for a replacement . 

Let us know of your progress.

Prince

New Contributor

This Media card thing was done long before but the issue remains same. Have already replaced handset a week ago. I just don't know what to do, vry frustated and anoyed. Lost faith on blackberry brand.... Exploring options to file a case